Tagged: 

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of George Sheldon
    George Sheldon
    Participant

Steve,

Don’t create a separate Blog page.  And you can fine tune your settings in the Blog Options in the Symbiostock Express dashboard.

George

George Sheldon
    Participant

Steve,

One more thing – in the WordPress Dashboard, go to Settings ->Reading

Choose your lastest posts for your Front Page Displays.

George

Profile photo of steveh
    steveh
    Participant

I’m missing this! Everything I read says that you need to create a home page and make that static and then a separate blog page and set that in Settings: Writing. When I look at the Hello World sample post, that has a URL of BackyardStockPhotos.com/Hello World and the /Blog goes to a 404.

Still not sure how to create this blog page without spoiling my current structure

Steve

George Sheldon
    Participant

Steve,

The directions in my past several posts on this thread are from my site.  My blog is here:  https://www.georgesheldon.com/blog/

Everything is working for me.  My guess is that what you are reading is probably directions  with another theme.  But only you can decide if you want to try th settings U am using on my Symbiostock Express site.

Don’t forget to check your backup before going forward.

George

George Sheldon
    Participant

Some more things to do:

1. Use these terms” “stock photos” “stock photography” “stock photographer”  – these are common search words. Really *THINK* about what word you place in front of these words. Use these words throughout your site – and on your blog entries.

2. Give yourself a good critical review of your about page. Make sure it is uptodate. Make sure you are getting a green light on your SEO.  Both Google and Bing seems to really like an about page – and it will sometimes list it separately in search results.

3. Make sure you have a contact page.

4. Think about what potential clients/customers might use to search for an image. And then make sure that you are using those terms. For example, don’t use just “Philly Hoagie” but rather “Philadelphia Hoagie” and in another place Philly Hoagie”  – then should you also have “Philly PA Hoagie” – only you can decide.

5. Keep experimenting. by using Google Ad Words search  I am still doing that, most recently moving away from Mid-Atlantic as a descriptive word for me. Using Google ad-words, I found no one is searching Google for “Mid-Atlantic Stock Photos” but they are looking for “PA Stock Photos”.  With that information, it only makes sense to me to call myself a PA Stock Photographer rather than just a Mid-Atlantic Stock Photographer

George

George Sheldon
    Participant

Thought I’d show you how fast Google+ is working.  I just posted an article to my blog – of course it has one of my Symzio images in it. (The article is here: https://www.georgesheldon.com/2016/09/amish-speak-pennsylvania-dutch/ ). Within one minute – yes, ONE minute – Google has it indexed and delivering results in the search engine:

That is just a snip from the search page. It is on the first page of the Google Search.

It is amazing to me how quickly you can get your images into Google.

George

Good to know. I never pay attention with Google+ before. Now I feed it with my daily updates. Let’s see after 1 month the rank impact of my site.

Profile photo of Chrisroll
    Chrisroll
    Participant

Hi George,

Did you see the same result if you disconnect from your Google+ profile before searching on Google ?

George Sheldon
    Participant

Songquan,

I am with you – I never use Google+ except for the SEO  Because it is all automatic on WordPress, once you have it setup, it is easy to just include it when you post.

George

George Sheldon
    Participant

Chrisroll,

I have seen similar results right after a post by posting on my PC, then doing a search on Google with an iPhone (not mine, but a family member who does not have a Google account.  I saw listing there within eight minutes, if I recall correctly.  I just wiped everything off my computer and ran an upgrade before posting today – and I thought I’d try it because of the unusual topic.  I did notice last week, when at a potential client, that I had her do a Google search, and several recent blog posts popped up as she was searching for stuff.  Two of them were my posts from the day before.

I am no expert on this stuff, and still learning myself.  I am just telling what seems to be working.  I recently upgraded to a SSL – maybe my https: is the reason for better results; maybe it’s the constant blog feeding.

I do think Google+ also helps – and you can feed it easily, quickly, and for free. Why not, right?

George

Profile photo of Chrisroll
    Chrisroll
    Participant

Thanks, George for these tips !

Yes, google fave its own product and put higher page rank for post in Google+. I share the link of my site’s daily post on google+. Whoever find google plus page will find my site by clicking the post.

A tip to disconnect any profile when browsing page, use private browsing (or ‘incognito’ in chrome). This way I can see what regular people see of my site and other webpages.

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.