Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of George Sheldon
    George Sheldon
    Participant

One of the things I have been doing is blogging regularly and consistently – which means daily to me.  One of this i do is post a “Photo of the Day which is always an image I have online for licensing on both my site and in my Symzio catalog, but not necessarily on any other stock agency site.  These images are Tweeted and I have noticed that they show up on Web Search Image results.

Quick Tip: if you are using Symbiostock Express, be sure to include the image in the Featured Image – if you do, it will show up on your Twitter Tweet.

George

Interesting George. Did you ever experiment say, stop promotion for a week to see if there is impact on traffic.

I am doing daily promotion as well with 1 fresh image distributed to social platforms with links to my site. I did not update my site daily. The result is not encouraging. Even I got mostly 1k view on 500px, the traffic referred from those site is very little. Plus the readers are not potiential buyers.

I am thinking about update daily on my site instead of those social medias. Google likes sites with daily update?

Profile photo of Chrisroll
    Chrisroll
    Participant

Some SEO tips

– Place alt tag on all images on your site (not only product image).
    – Verify that you have one and only one h1 header tag on your home/ product/ blog pages (you can use several h2, h3, h4 tag).
    – Choose your focus keyword with care (no need to try to rank on a keyword with no potential traffic or hard competition).
    – Use Twitter to promote your images but don’t post only self-promotion tweets, you need to provide interesting news over photography/ art/ design to attract new followers. The more followers you will have, the more views/ retweets you will get.
    – Try to describe your images with more than 100 words (ideally 300).
    – Publish fresh content (2-3 images) every day.

George Sheldon
    Participant

Songquan,

No, I have not stopped daily posting since I started it.  I am using WordPress for the blog (my primary and only site).  I do schedule blog entries for publishing at a later time, and for the few days I missed, I do fill in and backdate and entry.  Some of the entries are short, some are longer.  I do other regular things such as Vintage Photos and Just for Laughs – the idea being to keep it interesting, and different.

I have been using Publicize in JetPack.  That makes the social media publishing easier. I auto publish to Twitter, Facebook, and Google+.   And I have found that by publishing on my Google+ page, my images I post there are automatically and quickly added to Google Search results – often within minutes! You just have remember you are really entering on Google+ for Google, not for followers. I don’t think I have anyone following me there, but Google sure knows when I post there.

I also post longer reference articles, too.  I try to write content that would of interest to potential photo buyers, not other photographers.  I don’t do instructional stuff on my blog.  All of this seems to be working for me.

George

Christoll,

Thanks for the tips. Very helpful!

George,

The google+ publication is very interesting, I may try that. Thanks a lot!

Profile photo of steveh
    steveh
    Participant

Hi George

Posting a daily image that goes onto Google+ sounds like a good idea. How do you add a blog post area to your Symbiostock site? I thought there was some way of adding a new page and making that the blog page, but I’m not sure.

Steve

The theme itself has a blog page in which you can add post as much as you want.

Mine:

http://bestcityscape.com/blog/

George Sheldon
    Participant

Steve,

ust add a regular post and you are up and running with your blog in Symbiostock Express.  You can add your latest posts onto your Home page.  I’ve done that, which means my Home Page is also updating daily as I keep adding a new post.  Once you get your blog going, consider adding the JetPack Publicize  it’s free and it does make posting easier.

George

George Sheldon
    Participant

And some Bing tips:

Make sure you are generating a sitemap, and tell Bing where it is. Bing seems, at least to me, to like a sitemap.

Bing can work for you. On Saturday, I photographed a Whoopie Pie Festival. On Sunday, I uploaded the images. Now on Tuesday, if you Bing search “whoopie pie festival stock photo” you will see my site as well as Symzio – on the first page of the search results.

George

Very good tips. Thanks for sharing. Will try them.

George Sheldon
    Participant

Chrisroll’s tips in this thread are spot on.  His h1 tip was something I had been doing wrong.  I did remove H1 in all my posts – in Symbiostock Express, H1 is the title, so use h2 and lower in the body of your post.

George

George Sheldon
    Participant

One more thing about what Chrisroll suggests:

The Alt tag for your images is important.  found and use the SEO Optimized Images plugin. It works fine with Symbiostock and it does the work that Chrisroll suggests you do to your images with the Alt tag.

George

Profile photo of steveh
    steveh
    Participant

What I’d like to do is to keep my current home page and have a new blog page. Checking the Symbiostock Express documentation, it starts with creating a page called “Home” and having that as a static page and building the site from there. It doesn’t look like I did that at the start and so my WP settings show my home page being the place that posts are shown. Is there a way to make my current landing page into a standalone page called Home with its current settings and content and then I can create my blog page separately.

It isn’t clear to me which “page” this landing page is on!

Steve

George Sheldon
    Participant

Steve,

I believe it will generate it for you.  Your blog, in your case, will be at http://www.backyardstockphotos.com/blog

I have the Home page, as you do.  I think from your description you are seeking to do what I have, and if so, it is just a matter of getting your settings done.

George

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.