Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of George Sheldon
    George Sheldon
    Participant

Where does the value shown in the Default Media Location come from and how d you change that value?

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

If you are not just installing Symbiostock, then it comes from the location of your original ss_media folder which is usually in your WP root directory. If you just installed Symbiostock, then the default will be in your wp-content/uploads directory.

You can change that by just filling in the new location and clicking submit. However, you must manually move the current ss_media folder to the new location concurrently as Symbiostock does not do this for you.

George Sheldon
    Participant

Thanks, Robin. I cannot get the default Media Location to update. (If it means anything, I have a Save button, not submit.) This Is causing failed to find original media errors to appear.

Any thoughts on what to do if the Save is not updating to a new location? (I also see that is carried over into WooCommerce where it is called Log Directory Writable.

George

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Looking into it George

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Oh – the default media location is just for reference. You don’t need to update that. This is just so you know where the default is supposed to be.

So you don’t update that. You just update the text field above it to set your custom media location.

Does that make sense?

George Sheldon
    Participant

Yes, Robin, it does makes sense. I see the wrong meia location in error messages, and that is why I was concerned about getting that updated.

George

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

So just update the field that says ‘Media Location’ to your actual ss_media location and you should be good to go.

George Sheldon
    Participant

Robin,

I am now getting this fatal error message when I try to clear the error log:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function ss_update_option() in /home/e7o6z7b0/public_html/wp-content/plugins/symbiostock-pro/ss-env-check.php on line 175

This portion f the location (/home/e7o6z7b0) is an artifact from the previous server that I cannot update or remove.

George

George Sheldon
    Participant
    So just update the field that says ‘Media Location’ to your actual ss_media location and you should be good to go.

Robin:
    The issue is that it does not update – it is stuck with a previous location.

George

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Hey George

Can you send me your login details?

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

1) The ‘default media location’ is not used by Symbiostock unless the ‘media location’ field is empty. When you set a custom media location, the default media location field (in grey) is only for reference.

2) The ‘default media location’ is loaded directly from WordPress and cannot be altered (as it is just a reference). What this means is, whatever path is displayed there is the actual, live path to your uploads directory.

3) I updated your ‘media location’ using the information from the ‘default media location’ to approximate where your media files are, given that you probably have them in the old directory location and not your uploads folder. I confirmed this works as I did a test download.

4) If you are logging in via FTP and seeing a different directory structure, and you recently moved servers, it is likely when you log into your website you are currently logging into your OLD server, not the new one, if the path visible in ‘default media location’ is from the old server.

5) The ‘original media not found’ errors are no longer happening as far a I can tell.

6) The fatal error was a tiny typo in PRO – been fixed and I manually added the fix to your install.

—-

What this all means is, what you think your path to your media location is is not actually what it is on the server the current website is being served from. The ‘/home/e7o6z7b0’ path is still in use on the current install.

Perhaps you need the DNS server to propagate so that you are actually looking at the new server when you log in and what not.

George Sheldon
    Participant

Robin:

Thanks for your knowledge, help, and continued support. It is most appreciated!

George

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.