Tagged: 

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of steveh
    steveh
    Participant

I’ve had my site live for about 5 months or so, and have had very few buyers (or even visitors). I added Yoast SEO about 2 weeks ago, and although I have done nothing other than the default settings, I have had two sales in the past 4 days. Perhaps coincidence, but I hope it continues. This is the sale today at $3.99 – I haven’t revisited my pricing yet:

http://www.backyardstockphotos.com/image/wine-pouring-from-bottle-into-glass-3/

If anyone has a good guide to setting up this plugin on our sites, please let me know!

Steve

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Hey Steve,

In my opinion, it seems unlikely the SEO had much to do with your sales. It could have done something, but you’re currently missing one of the most important aspects of SEO on your site – all your titles and meta descriptions are the same!

You need to get Yoast to use your product titles and descriptions for your meta title and meta description. This is the one most important and integral on-page SEO factors.

Profile photo of Valentin Tabirca
    Valentin Tabirca
    Participant

Hi,

I have a problem related to Yoast, maybe you can help me.

I have 3 images on my site, to be easier, let’s call them 1, 2 and 3. All of them are the same, meaning same title, description, kw. Only image 1 is green with yoast, the rest are like yoast processed them. If I search in Google images I see images 2 and 3 but linking to image 1 on my site.

What can I do to change that?

I have a lot of images on my site that have the same titles, description, kw and I have found the above issue several times.

Profile photo of Valentin Tabirca
    Valentin Tabirca
    Participant

The solving for the problem, for whoever read this, is not having 2 or more images with the same title.

I have another question: after I upload an image, the properties of the image, title, caption and description are all autocompleted with title+sitename. After I publish the image, the alt text becomes also title+sitename.  Who is responsible for that? WordPress, Symbiostock or Yoast?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.