Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of steveh
    steveh
    Participant

Hi Frank

I can’t find out where to put that widget either to make the images appear on a product page only. If you find out, let me know!

Steve

Profile photo of antony
    antony
    Participant

Hi Steve,

If you want to put the widget code on product pages and you have access to your server which I believe you do here is the path wp-content> themes>symbiostock express(or Child)>woocommerce>single product.php

But this will be displayed on ALL product pages as far as I am aware.

I have used Henri’s shortcode (thanks again Henri) to implement the widget on the search page for now as you can see here Nomadicimagery Search Page if you scroll down to the bottom of the page.

This was somewhat troublesome (for me at least) regarding the blank column that runs down the right side of the page as the widget was right aligning and filling in this gap. After a great deal of tinkering I managed to crack it.

The path for this is as follows :- wp-content> themes>symbiostock express(or Child)>search.php

Good Luck

Antony @ Nomadicimagery

NomadicImagery

Stock photo | unique travel | documentary | culture | festivals

Profile photo of Dawn
    Dawn
    Keymaster

Here I’ve implemented Symzio results on the search results page:

http://demo.symbiostock.com/?s=food
    http://demo.symbiostock.com/?s=apple

To do this with Symbiostock Express theme:

1) In your WP dashboard go to Appearance > Widgets.

2) There is a box called the Primary Sidebar Box – if you are not using this widget area in any location then you can do this. Remove any existing widgets from the Primary Sidebar.

3) Add Symzio Search Widget to Primary Sidebar.

Personalise the Symzio widget to your liking. I used the following settings:
    Number of Results: 3
    Box Width & Height: 250
    Media Filter: All/Search

Click Save

4) Go to Symbiostock Express > Misc Settings > scroll down to Search Results

Search Results – choose Sidebar: Primary Sidebar

Click Save Changes

Profile photo of steveh
    steveh
    Participant

I followed this and now have the search bar for Symzio in a column down the right hand side of the page. Is it possible to make it appear horizontal along the bottom instead using the settings in Symbiostock Express? It looks fine when I have results: http://www.backyardstockphotos.com/?s=beach

But not so good when I don’t have search results: http://www.backyardstockphotos.com/?s=finland

I’m sure there is a setting for this, but can I remove the descriptions from my own results in the search page and alter how many appear on a page?

Steve

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

I can’t answer the placement thing, but you can remove descriptions through the widget (just go to the widget and edit it – there is a checkbox to remove descriptions) and choose the number of items you want (default is 6).

Profile photo of steveh
    steveh
    Participant

Yes, I have done that – it was more a question of removing the descriptions from my own search results rather than the ones that appear because of the Symzio widget.

Profile photo of Henri
    Henri
    Participant

Yes, I have done that – it was more a question of removing the descriptions from my own search results rather than the ones that appear because of the Symzio widget.

Try this CSS code (add it to your child theme or to Symbiostock Express > Advanced Settings > Custom CSS Box):
    .search-results .entry-content { display: none; }
    You may need to reload the page or clean browser cache before it starts working.

Profile photo of innerstock
    innerstock
    Participant

Thanks for sharing css code Henri.

Profile photo of steveh
    steveh
    Participant

Great – that worked, thanks Henri

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.