Tagged: ,

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Till
    Till
    Participant

Every time I save a media product, there are variations of the image added to the media list.

This only happens, when I check “exclusive” with the settings option “Auto-filter Licenses during save” checked. The variations are “virtual” products and the price tag on the variations resembles the price tag of the exclusive licenses. The licenses of the product are however not updated. So it seems as if instead of adding the actual licenses, there are variations generated instead.

If I then re-save the licenses with “Update licenses?” checked, the licenses are added to the product correctly. Re-saving the product then does not generate new variations any more. It feels as if the “license slots” were now taken so symbiostock does not attempt to generate variations any more.

I can of course move the variations to the trash – but when I re-save the media / product, new variations are generated.

In a previous install this didn’t happen. I’m wondering if this is a preset I missed, or what is actually happening?

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

What version of WooCommerce are you running?

Profile photo of Till
    Till
    Participant

Version 2.4.8

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

I just did a test on the PLUS server with having exclusive checked and having the auto filter setting enabled and it did not create the additional variations.

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

As per:

https://wordpress.org/plugins/symbiostock/installation/

We’re only supporting version 2.4.6 of WooCommerce. So perhaps try it on that version and see if the same issue persists.

Profile photo of Till
    Till
    Participant

Now I downgraded WooCommerce to 2.4.6 – but the issue still remains the same. :/

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Can you PM me access to your control panel? I will take a look.

Profile photo of Till
    Till
    Participant

yup, on the way…

Profile photo of Till
    Till
    Participant

as I PMed already: now everything seems to be behaving as it should. I have no idea what triggered the mis-behavior in the first place – nor what made it go away… Maybe switching the WP language to English and back to German? …strange… Anyways – thank you very much!

PS: it also seems to run faster now – did you flush any caches eventually…?

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

I just disabled plugins and changed the language to english – then tried everything out, seemed to be working fine. So perhaps there is one plugin you had enabled that was causing interference.

Profile photo of Till
    Till
    Participant

I think I found it: seems like the plugin Post Type Switcher is responsible for the Variations.

https://wordpress.org/plugins/post-type-switcher/

I can easily live without it – and whenever I need to switch a post type I can just activate it, switch post type and turn it off again… Thank you very much!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.