Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author

Hi Gang…Bit of  a strange on here.

I have been testing Symbiostock /wooCommerce on my wordpress site and everything was running great, uploaded a few images via Filezilla and images were shown in the symbiostock media area AND my wordpress media library, then something went bad??

If i up load images via filezilla (ss_Media/new) the images upload..no problem..but my symbiostock media area shows the image name, details but no image..just a blank square, it also doesn’t show any images in my wordpress media library.

I have done fresh installs and still the problem happens…now im stuck, has anyone had this issue before?

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Are you running the processor?

yes..on the settings page (run cron) i press it after up loading images.

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

You have to keep this running every minute via your system’s scheduler or cron job – you can’t manually run it because it chooses when to process images and when not. If your images still don’t show up after that, then we can diagnose the issue.

Profile photo of Terry Hale
    Terry Hale
    Participant

Hi, I’m having the same thing with thumbnails not showing.

I set up a cron job on my Linux server (Digital Ocean) as the instructions say, and I verified it is running by piping the results to a log file instead of “null”.

In addition to thumbnails not showing, I am getting this error screen on every page related to Symbiostock (and media in general) in my WP install:

(Edit: in fact no images are being processed at all.  I uploaded 5 jpg images via FTP to the /ss_media/new/ folder.)

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Let me take a look

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Okay, I just did a fresh install from a fresh WP download:

1) Downloaded WordPress directly from their site
    2) Installed it
    3) Installed Symbiostock via the WordPress control panel
    4) Downloaded WooCommerce 2.4.12 as per the Symbiostock instructions
    5) Installed WooCommerce
    6) FTPed 3 test files into ss_media/new
    7) Manually ran the processor after a minute

All 3 test files showed up successfully without issue, with thumbnails.

Therefore, if you are getting the issue you are, there is something wrong specifically with your server setup. My guess is it is a permissions issue with the directory WordPress is installed in, or the permissions of the ss_media directory. Can you take a look to see these things? Both the owner and the CHMOD.

Terry Hale
    Participant

Robin, thanks so much!  I will check that right now!  I sure hope you are right, and that sounds logical.

Terry Hale
    Participant

Yay!  No more error messages!  That’s a big step.  Looks like you were right, Robin.

However, out of 5 images I had FTP’d up to /ss_media/new, only 4 were properly processed with images.  All five were added to the media gallery and WooCommerce.

As you can see from this image, all 5 files were processed and are no longer on the server.  However, the image “BirdWithBadFeathersDay1.jpg” is the one that did not get processed. In fact, it was the first one because I refreshed the Media page and it was the only one listed, then the other 4 showed up correctly after a few more minutes.

All 5 images on the server were set to permissions like this:
    – r w –  r – – r- –

The Owner and Group both were “root”.

I have another set of 5 images I am testing now.

Terry Hale
    Participant

Robin,  the other 5 processed exactly as expected.  I will have to assume there was something corrupted in the image that did not get properly processed in the first batch.

I can’t thank you enough for your quick response and your knowledge.  I am turning 48 today, but I feel like a giddy school kid ha ha.  🙂

Very much looking forward to using Symbiostock and using Symzio as well.

You’re the best!

Terry Hale
    Participant

p.s.  I’m also glad we caught this because I was already up to ~600 drafts in just a few minutes. Glad I didn’t leave this unattended!

As a side note, I set up my first VPS on DigitalOcean just so I could use Symbiostock.  All of the tutorials point out caution in making sure you only give special permissions to specific WordPress folders.

Perhaps it would be a good idea to include a test for read/write access to the /ss_media/new/ folder on the “Run Diagnostic” wizard page?

Morning…had a quick look at the permissions on my ss_media file and have this set up…

ss_media = (711) you can: Read, Write, Execute  Others can: Execute

.htaccess = (644) you can: Read, Write   Others can: Read

also if i copy and paste the cron job line from the settings page to my cron job scheduled tasks and press test url it comes up with ‘your domian is not available’

Profile photo of Andre
    Andre
    Participant

also if i copy and paste the cron job line from the settings page to my cron job scheduled tasks and press test url it comes up with ‘your domian is not available’

Try to copy and paste only the URL part (not the entire command line) into your cron scheduler and see if that works. That’s what I had to do.

Im still not getting anywhere with this, going to look at doing a total re-load of WP and the plugin to see if it still happens….on a side note looks like cron jobs is working.

one thing i have noticed, on the media page, if i go into ‘edit’ and scroll down to ‘original media:download file’ it will down load the image i have loaded up, just doesn’t show up on dash board or WP media Library.

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

PM me your login info if you want and I can take a deeper look for you.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.