Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Alex
    Alex
    Participant

Hi,

I seem to be having a problem with this plugin. When I upload my images via FTP, they just sit in the “new” folder and don’t process and appear in the media section. I already have the cron job set up on my server to run every minute. Any help in solving this issue would be appreciated.

Profile photo of Alex
    Alex
    Participant

When I run the cron job manually, I get the the usual boxes across the top of the page that say:

Blog: 1
    Memory at Start: 4M
    0 thumbnails regenerated
    Memory at End: 4M
    Memory Peak: 5M

The pictures still don’t process when running it manually.

As for the host, I am running the site on a VPS. I have setup all the required prerequisites for the plugin to work properly. In fact, I have used this plugin in the past on another VPS and it worked fine. My current setup is almost identical to the previous setup so I don’t think that is the issue.

What is happening now is every time the cron job runs, the plugin attempts to process the first picture. The first picture shows up in my product section but it has no picture, just a blank product with the attached licences/prices. When the cron job runs again, it makes another one of these blank products for the same exact picture. It seems rather odd.

Any ideas?

Alex

Edit: Sometimes, the following error shows up. I’m not sure if it will help in diagnosing the problem:

Error(s): Failed to find original media: ss_12.jpg, product ID: 12

Profile photo of Alex
    Alex
    Participant

I ran the wizard before. Every test shows up successfully (all the images and the metadata).

Here is the “System Information” (if it’ll help)

Imagick PHP Extension: Enabled

Fileinfo PHP Extension: Enabled

Maximum Excution Time: 600

Memory Limit: 256M

Exec Commands: Enabled

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Your memory at the start of the cron should not be so low – it should be at least 40M or higher. It is most certainly a memory issue – somehow your VPS settings are limiting the memory available to PHP and this is preventing the images from being parsed. So what happens is Symbiostock adds the database information for the media, but when it tries to process it the script crashes. Then it tries again and again.

Profile photo of Alex
    Alex
    Participant

Hi Robin,
    That makes sense. Do you have any idea why that might be though? I have my memory_limit in my php.ini file set to 256M and I have define(‘WP_MEMORY_LIMIT’, ‘256M’); in my wp-config.php file. I’m not sure what else it could be that would cause this memory issue. If you have any ideas, let me know.

Alex

Profile photo of Alex
    Alex
    Participant

Also wanted to add that the Symbiostock plugin states that the memory limit is 256M (as seen in the system information from a previous post)

Profile photo of Alex
    Alex
    Participant

Update: So I still can’t seem to figure out what the problem is. I have gone so far that I ended up wiping the VPS and starting over from scratch. When I finally got the LEMP stack up and running and installed WordPress, WooCommerce, and finally Symbiostock, I still got the same result. When I was re-configuring the VPS, I made sure that every PHP setting for memory was correctly set (along with every other setting).

I’m wondering if it is a compatibility issue with PHP 7.0 or something like that because at this point, I am lost. Everything else in WordPress seems to work just fine and all the tests in the wizard also work perfectly, so I’m not sure what this is happening with this plugin. On an old VPS, this plugin used to work perfectly with practically the same exact setup, which confuses me even more.

Let me know if you have any other ideas. Otherwise, I might have to look for a different plugin for this project.

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Try running with PHP 5.4. It may very well be a compatibility issue with PHP 7.

Profile photo of Alex
    Alex
    Participant

Update: So it seems it might have been a compatibility issue with PHP 7.0. I set up a test site with PHP 5.6 and it seemed to work properly. I will add another update after I try it on my regular site.

If that is the case, is there any plans for this plugin to support PHP 7.0 in the future?

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Just briefly looking at it, PHP 7 introduces quite a few syntax changes that would require manually scanning most of the plugin to avoid bugs. Some of them are not backwards compatible with PHP 5, so it makes it unlikely we will update the plugin solely for PHP 7 compatibility anytime soon.

Profile photo of Alex
    Alex
    Participant

[Another (Probably Final)] Update: So it did end up being an issue with PHP 7.0. I downgraded to PHP 5.6 on my production server and everything is now working perfectly.

Thank you Robin and George for all your help.

-Alex

Profile photo of Webitect
    Webitect
    Participant

I’m having the same issue now too, my php is 5.6.24. Here’s the cron job boxes:

Memory at Start: 40M
    Load at Start: 1M
    1 product integrity checks completed
    0 new/updated images/videos parsed
    0 thumbnails re/generated
    Memory at End: 40M
    Memory Peak: 67M
    Load at End: -0.01M

Please advise.

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Hey there – unless you’ve changed something, it is unlikely the plugin will suddenly stop working. Please ensure that you are uploading files into the correct directory, and test using the web uploading method for confirmation.

Also ensure you are waiting about a minute before processing so the file gets processed.

Webitect
    Participant

Hi Robin,

Thanks for the prompt response. I had uploaded 160 files into the “new” folder around 3 days ago, roughly 24 hours after that I went to check if any images had processed. Nothing, so I ran the cron job and got 1 image processed. Ran it again and got another 1 image processed for a total of 2. After that, nothing will process. So I’m thinking I’ve got the correct directory/folder.

I may have run the process a few times without waiting 1 min over the past few days. But I just ran it after not having run it since posting yesterday, still nothing.

I haven’t changed any settings except the recent updates to jetpack and other plugins (I think yoast SEO) can’t remember exactly which ones.

Using the Web upload method, I got “your uploaded file has been added into the queue to be processed”. But nothing got processed.

Please advise.

Webitect
    Participant

Oh, I recall upgrading to WordPress 4.6 just prior to trying to process images.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.