Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Ronald
    Ronald
    Participant

What is the way to create sharing and follow us icons?

Thanks

Profile photo of Dawn
    Dawn
    Keymaster

Hi Ronald. If you are using the Symbiostock Express theme, you can add a footer section to your site using the steps outlined here:

http://www.symbiostock.org/forums/topic/some-symbiostock-express-questions/#post-23189

When you are adding widgets to your footer column, you need to add the SymbiostockExpress: Social Links widget to one of your footer columns. With the SymbiostockExpress: Social Links widget you can add links to various social media pages and you can add a title such as ‘Follow Us’ to this section. Your social media links will show up as a link icons the way it does on the Symbiostock Express demo site.

Profile photo of Ronald
    Ronald
    Participant

Thanks Dawn, Robin,

I already have the follow us icons in the footer. This part of the tutorial should be included in “Replicating the Symbiostock Express Demo Site” docs.

Could you help me to implement share icons for each article?

Profile photo of Ronald
    Ronald
    Participant

Something like this (share on Facebook, email to a friend, pin on Pinterest, etc):

http://picturebreeze.com/stock/photos/image/beautiful-woman-in-bikini-using-phone/

Thanks in advance

Profile photo of Andre
    Andre
    Participant

Since you’re referring to my site, this was part of the theme I’m using. But there are several third party plugins that can achieve the same, I’m sure. Just do a search for “WordPress social sharing plugins” and you’ll find many available options.

Profile photo of Ronald
    Ronald
    Participant

Thanks Redneck, Could you tell me which plugin you have or which theme you use? This way I can ask Robin or Dawn to install it in my site.

With my Symbiostock option I can not install plugins by myself.

Profile photo of Andre
    Andre
    Participant

As I mentioned, I’m using a theme I’ve purchased. I don’t think anybody else is going to install an additional theme that needs to be paid for.

Are you using a self hosted WP or are you on the Symbiostock Plus?

If you’re using a self hosted WP you can find several plugins.

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

After doing extensive testing, we’ve installed the best premium Social sharing plugin we could find with a lot of internal tweaks and customizations. You can see it live here:

http://www.enlightenedmedia.com/media/tropical-paradise-beachfront-in-australia-in-4k/

It’s really pretty cool – thanks for pressing for this Ronald. You can add it via the plugins menu now.

Profile photo of Ronald
    Ronald
    Participant

This is great news, thanks Robin, Dawn and Redneck! Can not wait for testing it!

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

FYI, I am aware that the icons are not showing up on some sites – working on it.

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Should be fixed now.

Profile photo of Ronald
    Ronald
    Participant

Thanks a lot!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.