Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Roger
    Roger
    Participant

Hi.
    I’m using WordPress with Symbiostock Pro and Storefront Theme Version: 2.1.0
    By WooThemes. I’m ready to start uploading images for sale.
    I’m planning to have them listed in categories.
    My aim would be to have more than a thousand images for sale. I’m on a shared hosting account. I shoot in raw, then edit and add keywords in lightroom and then upload. My questions are:
    1. Is there a video or explanation of the best workflow to do this?
    2. Do I need to add a watermark copyright on my images in lightroom or is this done automatically by Symbiostock plugin?
    3. Is it best to upload the full size image?
    4. Is jpeg or tiif or something else the best format for non vector images?
    5. Can I upload the largest image size and then make a range of preset smaller image sizes with different prices to be automatically delivered from it?
    6.Does anyone have any other useful advice for catalogue setup?
    I’d like to get this right first time rather than have to rectify mistakes.

Thank you for your help in advance.

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Hi Roger,

Good to plan it advance. Here are answers to your questions:

1)

http://www.symbiostock.org/docs/ideal-workflow/

2) Symbiostock Pro will watermark everything for you. You can customize your watermark via the Symbiostock > Settings page.

3) Yes. Full, highest resolution possible.

4) JPEG is best.

5) You upload the largest size. Through the Symbiostock > Licensing page you determine the different sizes you want to offer for sale. Symbiostock Pro will automatically resize stuff for customers with no loss of quality.

6) Read this guide thoroughly so you can plan all of your automation prior to uploading, so when you do, you do very little. Go through the Symbiostock settings one by one to ensure everything is as you want it to. I would recommend enabling metadata writing so any changes you make via WordPress will get written into your images as well.

http://www.symbiostock.org/docs/reading-writing-metadata/

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.