Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Kevin Ray
    Kevin Ray
    Participant

So it seams like this plugin is really geared towards selling digital copies of my artwork and not for selling prints.

Let me get this straight if I have photos I am selling that are sold in multiple print sizes (8×12, 12×18, 18×24, etc) and each size is a different price I have to add the custom product attribute and set the price of each one of those variations to every single Image that I am trying to sell?

As it sits now I have 5 attributes with 9 values in each so I will have to re-add and set the price of each of the 45 values each time I add a new product. Why can’t I create global attributes with global variation prices for each value that I can just apply to every image I add for sale.

Is it cause this is intended only for digital prints?

Profile photo of Kevin Ray
    Kevin Ray
    Participant

So by the lack of response I will take that as a “yes” this plugin is not meant for selling prints only digital copies.  I thought this plugin had great support. This support seems pretty poor.

Profile photo of steveh
    steveh
    Participant

Hi Kevin

I also read it and wasn’t that clear. But to be clear about one thing, this plugin is designed for supporting the licensing of digital photos and videos (the stock world) and it works fine at doing that. Trying to shoe horn it to do another function could work, but it isn’t going to be a supported use.

Steve

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

You do not have to create licenses on an individual product basis. You create them via the licenses tab – and you can create non-digital licenses with whatever names you want. In this case, the order will be handled by WooCommerce as normal and you can fulfill it accordingly.

Let me get this straight if I have photos I am selling that are sold in multiple print sizes (8×12, 12×18, 18×24, etc) and each size is a different price I have to add the custom product attribute and set the price of each one of those variations to every single Image that I am trying to sell?

This is true except you don’t do it on an individual product basis. You do it globally. The pricing will be global then. If you want unique pricing for different products, you’ll have to manually set those after the licenses are applied.

Basically, you can use Symbiostock for only print and non digital, and in this case all of the functionality exists exactly the same except when a customer makes a purchase, they don’t get a download link or anything.

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

In order to do this when you create a new license or edit an old one, you click the checkbox that says ‘physical product’, or something along those lines.

Profile photo of David Crockett
    David Crockett
    Participant

Another way this will work for multiple purposes is to add keywords for a specific type of images. For instance: Stock Photo, Portraits, Weddings, Art Prints.  Near the bottom of the license, there is a place that allows you to include a certain keyword and another that declines certain keywords.  So, you could make a license for each portrait print size or package, include the Keyword portrait and on upload, only the licenses (print sizes) created for portraits will show up in your order pages.  Did I make that sound confusing enough?  It’s not nearly as bad as I made it sound.

Once you have made all of your Print Packages, you don’t have to do it again.  If you have a thousand Wedding pictures to upload, include your wedding keyword (batch add the keyword so you don’t have to do them individually), and the plugin will include every price for selection by your client.

Good Luck.

Profile photo of allen goldman
    allen goldman
    Participant

It maybe an isolated concern which I think they don’t put enough priority,, but I guess this should not be an issue as this maybe the user’s general concern in the future. If that is only for digital copies, they should also work on one which is more prominent, like the physical prints.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.