Tagged: ,

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of FCarentz
    FCarentz
    Participant

It appears that the theme does not enable keyword/tag searching in the results out of the box. But this works on the demo site. So since it isn’t a feature the theme adds, then should I start coding? Or are you using a woocommerce plugin for searching all meta-data of the products?

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Hey FCarentz,

Symbiostock the plugin provides tag searching built in – however, as this is not native to WP, your processor indexes the tags for the Symbiostock search engine once a day. So as long as your processor is running in the background, just wait and your tags will soon be searchable.

FCarentz
    Participant

I had waited a couple days due to other workloads that were taking precedent on other projects.

I also just uploaded an image that I added meta data to via photoshop -> File -> File Info, and that information, keywords etc did not get added to the product. Is there any help available on this? We have 1000’s of stock images to upload. The meta data mining of symbiostock was the main reason it was chosen. Re-entering all that data would require a lot of time. Any idea’s why this wouldn’t be working.

We are hosting on Rackspace Cloud Sites, Imagick is installed as is the GD library. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

FCarentz
    Participant

Seems to work if the image is a JPG, but not a PNG. Testing other files now.

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

The system tries to extract information from any file it receives. However, right now only JPEGs (and TIFFs, I think) have a standard EXIF storage system. As far as I know, PNGs do not support EXIF in the same manner, so it’s not supposed to mine that data. It tries, though!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.