Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Symbiostock 3.0 is shortly going to be released. You can update it via your control panel. Become familiar with the new changes and read the changelog. Many mechanisms have been upgraded, and this is a significant upgrade. For any questions, post it on the forum.

As for any users that have purchased any premium themes or plugins, you will have to manually re-download the newest version. We have migrated to a new upgrade system and once you download this version, you will be able to upgrade automatically through WordPress like all others.

In order to get your hands on the newest versions of all the plugins or themes, place an order but instead of checking out via PayPal, do so via the Purchaser Upgrade option. Follow the instructions there.

————-

For Symbiostock Express, make sure you install it in a separate folder to your current Symbiostock Express folder so you have a copy of the previous theme in case there are quirks that are introduced with the new version. Then you can migrate over to the new version without breaking your site.

————-

We do apologize about having to re-download the premium theme and plugins again, but upgrading via WordPress has been made as difficult as is humanly possible by WordPress, but we’ve now found a great solution for it that looks to be robust.

————-

Once 3.0 is released, Symbiostock Hosting should follow soon enough.

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Everything is now released. We have also created a free Symbiostock Video Diagnostic plugin so if you are interested in purchasing Symbiostock Video, you can download this and test your system to see if it is likely you will be able to process videos:

http://www.symbiostock.org/shop/

Profile photo of Hebstreit
    Hebstreit
    Participant

Hi Robin,

thanks for upgrading the SS-Plugin. For the moment all looks fine(tuned). I’m interested about the new mpg-4 Player for my Videos. Btw. the downloaded symbiostock-video-diagnostic.zip extracts to symbiostock-importer.php from Dec.2015..

Is this correct or can you fix this?

Profile photo of Videoopp
    Videoopp
    Participant

Thanks for all the hard work on the upgrades.  I have placed the order for the two plugins using the upgrade option and am eagerly awaiting instructions of what to do next to download these.  But I am guessing you all have gone to bed there in Australia….

worldviewstock.com

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Thanks for that Hebstreit – been fixed. Your orders have all been processed and you should have received emails to download the plugins.

Hebstreit
    Participant

ok, thanks for this update!

unfortunatly the test runs without visible video-result. The video-Frame is empty (and this does not depend on the 32bis-OS setting).
    test1
    test2_32bitOS

Are there other Users with better results?

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

That actually indicates that it rendered fine. Did you wait a second to make sure it had time to load? Did you see a black box?

Hebstreit
    Participant

it comes with empty space only (Mac, Firefox & Safari)

[caption id="" align="alignnone" width="800"]Screenshot Screenshot[/caption]

Videoopp
    Participant

With the new Video Plugin I have not been able to find where to choose settings for MP4 or number of thumbnails generated.  Were there other new options for videos as well?  Where do I find the settings for this?

Thanks

worldviewstock.com

Videoopp
    Participant

OK, I did a clean install through WP instead of FTP for Symbiostock Video and now I see the tab showing up under Symbiostock/settings.  Does the encoding now default to MP4?

worldviewstock.com

Hebstreit
    Participant

@Videoopp, do you become a correct watermarked mp4-preview? In case yes, do you know something about the CPU and Ram of your hosting package?

Thanks & regards

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Hi Hebstreit – try using Chrome. I just tested it in Firefox and seem to be seeing a similar issue so I’ll have to tweak it a bit.

But it does work in Chrome, so give it a try.

Looks like the MP4 format is not compatible with Firefox, which is very strange. Looking into a more universal file format for the video previews. Stay tuned.

Hebstreit
    Participant

uh – lecker!! 😉 chrome desktop is working, ok, but –  i could recompile it with Adobe media encoder //maybe this could help for you and i will keep my fingers crossed!

Left MP4 works with Safari & firefox, right MP4 not.

Videoopp
    Participant

I did not get a visual preview with a watermark.  I only got a text report of some kind.  I was trying in Firefox.

I have a dedicated server using Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E31230 @ 3.20GHz with 16G of RAM on a 64bit OS

worldviewstock.com

Profile photo of Henri
    Henri
    Participant

Hi Robin,

thanks for upgrading the Symbiostock plugin and add-ons. I have placed an order for the plugins, which I have previously downloaded, using the upgrade option and I am eagerly awaiting to download them again. Is there many changes on the Symbiostock Express theme or can I use my child theme?

Best regards,
    Henri

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.