Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Niels Kliim
    Niels Kliim
    Participant

On all my search pages there are icons for swapping pages, at the bottom. It always shows the symbols of three pages and an page-forwarding-arrow, even though all the images is shown on the first page. Example HERE. It is a bit confusing, as the costumer might expect more images to come, but the page just keep on reloading.

By the way, is it possible to set the amount of images to show on search pages?

Profile photo of Henri
    Henri
    Participant

By the way, is it possible to set the amount of images to show on search pages?

If I remember correctly the setting is in the WordPress Settings > Reading. Change the Blog pages show at most.

Niels Kliim
    Participant

Thank you Henri, but that did not change anything 😉

Profile photo of Henri
    Henri
    Participant

Thank you Henri, but that did not change anything ;)

That’s odd. Are you using Symbiostock Express theme? Because Symbiostock Express is built on Virtue theme by Kadence Themes and they suggest that too (https://wordpress.org/support/topic/display-more-post-in-searchresults-page). If you use some other theme then it might be that it’s overwriting that value.

Niels Kliim
    Participant

Yes – I am using Symbiostock Express. But it seems like changing the “Blog pages show at most” only influence on real WordPress posts and not the Symbiostock Media posts. I can see the swapping page icons are not showing on your page, and i guess you haven’t done anything to avoid it – meaning I must have a plugin or some strange setting somewhere, that is causing the problem.

Nice page you have – by the way 🙂

Niels Kliim
    Participant

Ok now part of my problems is solved. It turned out that a plugin “Search By Product tag – for Woocommerce”, which I installed when I used Woocommerce theme, made the search engine show the same product several time and by that also messed up the amount of products shown on the search page. After deactivating the plugin I can control the amount of images pr. page according to Henri’s answer in the above message.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.