Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 68 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Yes, you cannot use the old symbiostock theme on the new one. It is a completely different engine. You can, however, use ANY theme you want now. So although you will have to reconfigure and personalize a new theme, you are no longer restricted to the singular look of the old one.

Most importantly, when new versions of Symbiostock come out, it won’t affect your theme at all and you can freely upgrade.

Right now, if you want, disable woocommerce and the new Symbiostock – enable the legacy Symbiostock and it should work just fine as it was before.

Profile photo of Ezeepics
    Ezeepics
    Participant

Is not necessary to deactivate them. With new Symbio and Woocommerce activated, the site is still the old one.

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Ah, okay, good. 🙂

Okay, the importer is now done. I am uploading it and re-enabling it. Are you going to try to get the import going now? if so I can stay here to deal with any issues if you get them.

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Hey Ezeepics – I saw your submission for the Artist Network. Your image looks great, but you can’t have any text in it – it has to just be an image of your work without any watermarking or branding. I’ll delete that submission – just resubmit and I’ll approve it immediately.

Also try to make the title the title of your site, whatever that may be (Ezeepics) for example.

Ezeepics
    Participant

Sorry, I was dinning…:-) I’m going to check it now.

Ezeepics
    Participant

I cannot see the Importer under the new Symbiostock tab

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

It’s a separate plugin – you need to download it from here:

http://www.symbiostock.org/shop/

Once you install and activate it, it will show up under your settings for the new Symbiostock. Just follow the instructions there, and use the documentation here:

http://www.symbiostock.org/docs/2015/05/11/symbiostock-importerexporter/

I’m off to bed now. Pulled too many all nighters already!

Ezeepics
    Participant

I don’t understand, with the new Symbiostock my old tab of Stock Images must exist or do I delete it? Under the old Stock Images I have all my old images and don’t find any Importer for them in the new Symbiostock

Ezeepics
    Participant

Now I see your comment, ok, just 10 minutes too install it than I’ll tell you

Ezeepics
    Participant

Ok, is importing. I have to wait a bit because are over 680 images

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Yep. I’m helping someone on PLUS move over 2000 images. Taking some time!

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

It’s actually a bit slower because of all the security measures in place to make sure no one else has access to your data while the importer is running.

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Anyways, I’m off.

Ezeepics
    Participant

What have PLUS more than normal? If I baught the old Symbiostock (I was Premium and I payed for it) means that now I’m PLUS, or it’s not the same thing?

Ezeepics
    Participant

And I think I have already a problem…at least if it will not be solved when restoring will be finished. I succesfully import all the images and clicked restore but it’s adding them to media library without previews and if I click on the image link they have no previews on the site. Cannot see any image. Also all the SEO data from Yoast wasn’t imported. And no Categories. How do I import Categories?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 68 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.