Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Aitor
    Aitor
    Participant

Hello! Today for my first time I uploaded a few hundreds or images to process them automatically using the cron job. I setup the cron to run once for a minute as the settings suggest and I let it work for a few ones.

Then, I checked and the files were there but not in order. The name of the files are DATE-NUMBER.jpg so DATE-1.jpg it have to be before DATE-2.jpg but I found that the processor didn’t do any logic order. Can I change that to do it in any order? How that part of Symbiostock works?

Thank you!

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Hey Aitor – it adds them according to their upload date, not alphabetically. In most cases, that is the desirable function. If you would like to have them sorted alphabetically, you can send us a support request and we can add a custom function for you to sort it alphabetically. Alternatively you can upload your files, one by one, alphabetically.

Profile photo of Aitor
    Aitor
    Participant

I uploaded them by order but the system didn’t process it correctly, for example:

2015-10-18-24.jpg
    2015-10-18-20.jpg
    2015-10-18-111.jpg
    2015-10-18-86.jpg

I uploaded alphabetically first the 1 then the 2, etc.

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

As the documentation for the function used says that it reads based on system filetime, I can only assume it may vary depending on your actual server. If you want to really specify the order, you will have to program a filtering function that will re-order the way they are processed.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.