Tagged: 

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Hey Antony,

Send me your login information privately and I will take a look. I’ve not encountered any issues like this before, so I can only assume there is something special about the way metadata is stored in your images.

Also, please ensure that you are using WooCommerce 2.3.X and not the latest version as the latest version may include either bugs or changes that have not yet been rectified. Therefore, we are going to be explicitly declaring what version of WooCommerce Symbiostock is stable with from now on.

Profile photo of antony
    antony
    Participant

Forwarded the relevant info.

I generally use the file info method to store the metadata such as copyright notice, title, description, keywords etc.

Hope this helps. Thanks

NomadicImagery

Stock photo | unique travel | documentary | culture | festivals

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Hey Antony,

Thanks for the info. I successfully uploaded the file to my test site and all the data was successfully imported. This means it is unique to your install/server and not a problem with your image metadata. So the next thing to do is for me to log into your admin to find out why your server is not processing the data properly. My guess is that shell_exec is not enabled, or some other restriction that is preventing the file from being opened for metadata reading.

Profile photo of antony
    antony
    Participant

Hi Robin,

Good to know it works for you and we are narrowing down the root cause of this.

Forwarded relevant info.

NomadicImagery

Stock photo | unique travel | documentary | culture | festivals

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Hey Antony – okay, so this is the problem (and it sometimes happens with certain shared hosts).

They have disabled use of the shell_exec command. When I disable the error prevention, you get this error:

shell_exec() has been disabled for security reasons

In order to fix this, you will have to contact your host and get them to enable it. If they can’t do that, let me know, and I’ll see if there’s something else we can do.

Profile photo of Webitect
    Webitect
    Participant

Hi guys,

Hope you don’t mind me joining in, here’s an excerpt of what my host says about this:

“<span style=”color: #000000; font-family: Verdana; font-size: small;”>as we are a shared hosting service we cannot enable shell_exec. You will need to talk to the creators of the software you are using for a workaround…</span>
    <span style=”color: #000000; font-family: Verdana; font-size: small;”>please let the developer know that we apply a custom patch to our php builds, that allow some functionality to commands such as shell_exec().

Functions that can be used:

This patch limits or corrects the behavior of these functions:

exec()
    passthru()
    proc_open()
    shell_exec()
    system()
    popen()
    is_executable()

We are sorry for the inconvenience.”</span>

Please advise if what I need to do next. Thanks.

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Hey webitech,

Welcome to Symbiostock!

No worries – just go to your settings and enable ‘Force alternate metadata reading’.

Be aware that without shell_exec running you will not be able to write metadata to your images or use the Symbiostock Video plugin.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Profile photo of Webitect
    Webitect
    Participant
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.