Tagged: 

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Greg
    Greg
    Participant

Hi all

I am not sure if this is a Symbiostock or a Woocommerce issue, I am new to both.

I have installed and got working SymbioStock without any issues, so a good start. I then wanted to change the default ‘shop’ page to ‘photography’, so my main store page is mydomain.com/photography.

I have tried multiple variations in the WP permalinks section to have it all set up as mydomain/photography/category/sub-category/productname but everything I try does not work consistently.

To start with my sites standard Blog permalink structure is /blog/%year%/%monthnum%/%postname%/

For testing I have a category and subcategory set as 2015 > Test Event

Leaving the shop permalinks set to default I go to mydomain.com/phoptography and the first page is displayed with correct URL. But when I select a product it goes to mydomain.com/product-category/2015 (where does product-category come from, obviously the default).

So I go and add ‘photography’ to the Product category base and reload the site and now when I select the category for 2015 it comes up correctly with mydomain.com/photography/2015, but the sub category is still the 2015 category, when I select it it just stays the same mydomain.com/photography/2015.

So now I remove the ‘photography’ from the Product category base and put it into the Category base

A fresh reload of the site and I am back to mydomain.com/product-category/2015

I then place ‘photography’ in both the Product category base and Category base

It then re-loops with mydomain.com/photography/2015 and I can’t even get to the products.

Can anyone help me so that the permalinks path works like this

mydomain/photography/category/sub-category/productname

Thanks

GW

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

You most likely can’t have ‘photography’ as the category base, product category base, and main shop page. The way WP probably works is more restrictive than that and you would have to pick a different string for each entry. Perhaps a variation, such as photographs, or photograph. I could be wrong, of course, as this has nothing to do with WooCommerce or Symbiostock – it is related to WP itself.

Profile photo of Andre
    Andre
    Participant

Create a page “photography” and set it as your ‘Shop Page’ at WooCommerce -> Settings -> Display.

Permalinks should be set to “Post name”.

Your shop will then be reachable at your domain.com/photography/ .

Profile photo of Greg
    Greg
    Participant

Thanks guys, I ended up having to use ‘photos’ in Product category base and Category base

Now the sites urls work like this;

mydomain.com/photography (main shop page)
    mydomain.com/photos/category/subcategory (for category pages)
    mydomain.com/photography/category/subcategory/productname (for product pages)

That is not ideal and it is only the category pages not using the correct photography path… best I can do unless anyone can suggest a fix

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.