Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of kennykiernan
    kennykiernan
    Participant

Hey folks, sorry to bother you with a couple of problems here. Earlier today, I made some test purchases on my Clipartman.com shop using my secret discount codes so I’m only making small payments from my credit card thru Stripe, and my Paypal account. The Paypal and Stripe integrations for both purchases worked without a problem, thankfully. But…

— Problem 1:–
    When I got my customer receipt email from the first test purchase, it didn’t have the download link in the email like it’s supposed to. I have Guest purchases enabled because I want my customers to be able to purchase without bothering to register an account – so redirecting them to their account page to download their file is not a solution. Then when I made the second purchase 10 minutes later, I got a receipt email without link again — but immediately followed by duplicate emails from both transactions, this time WITH the download links. Very strange, but I was at least happy the links came through, albeit delayed in the case of the first purchase.

— Problem 2:–
    When making that second test purchase, the coupon code from the previous purchase stayed in the coupon code field, even after a screen refresh. This is not good – how do I fix this?

— Problem 3:–
    Now I am doing more test purchases, and the sales aren’t going thru at all – they are stuck in Woocommerce processing. This applies to vector and JPG purchases. This has not happened before, I don’t know why it started doing this.

— Problem 4:–
    Furthermore when I ran the “Run Wizard” diagnostic in Symbio System Settings, all worked fine except the test for processing vectors, which got hung up and never completed.

— Problem 5:–
    I’ve seen in several places a warning that I’m using Woocommerce v 2.6.4, and that I’m supposed to downgrade to 2.5.5 to be effective. Is this really true? Could this be a source of my problems?

So I need help with these five issues. I poked around with the “force download” vs. “redirect” options for downloadable purchases and that hasn’t helped. Hopefully I didn’t screw things up more.

What is the solution here?? Please help, thank you!!

Kenny Kiernan
    https://www.clipartman.com

kennykiernan
    Participant

Hey gang, followup to that last post –

While I was typing all that up, the duplicate receipt emails WITH links showed up for the newer test purchases I was talking about. It was three purchases, made at 4:46, 4:52 and 4:59 pm. According to my inbox, all three duplicate receipts were sent out at exactly 5:00pm.

I notice that one difference in each duplicate is that the first email says “<span style=”color: #737373; font-family: ‘Helvetica Neue’, Helvetica, Roboto, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 12px; background-color: #fdfdfd;”>To Process: 1</span>”, while the duplicate gives the filename and link in that same line in the email text. See here- the first email for one purchase had this:

<span style=”color: #737373; font-family: ‘Helvetica Neue’, Helvetica, Roboto, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 14px; background-color: #fdfdfd;”>Drummer Cartoon</span><br style=”color: #737373; font-family: ‘Helvetica Neue’, Helvetica, Roboto, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 14px;” /><small style=”color: #737373; font-family: ‘Helvetica Neue’, Helvetica, Roboto, Arial, sans-serif;”>License: Small JPEG (300px longest side) – Standard License $3.99
    To Process: 1</small>

and the duplicate receipt email said this:

<span style=”color: #737373; font-family: ‘Helvetica Neue’, Helvetica, Roboto, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 14px; background-color: #fdfdfd;”>Drummer Cartoon</span><br style=”color: #737373; font-family: ‘Helvetica Neue’, Helvetica, Roboto, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 14px;” /><small style=”color: #737373; font-family: ‘Helvetica Neue’, Helvetica, Roboto, Arial, sans-serif;”>License: Small JPEG (300px longest side) – Standard License $3.99
    Filename: Clipartman.com downloaded image-47564.zip</small><br style=”color: #737373; font-family: ‘Helvetica Neue’, Helvetica, Roboto, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 14px;” /><small class=”download-url” style=”color: #737373; font-family: ‘Helvetica Neue’, Helvetica, Roboto, Arial, sans-serif;”>Download: fcef07.media</small>

So why the delays here? I’m assuming this is not how it’s supposed to work.

I also see that now the files are coming as zip archives instead of the raw file, so I assume the delay is in part because of the time it takes to zip the files; is this an option I can change back to the previous way?

A few months ago a purchase gave a single receipt email containing the download link, and the file downloaded as the raw EPS or JPG. How do I fix it so it goes back to that method? Needless to say, a 15-minute delay is not good service; I need to be able to advertise “immediate download of your purchase”.

This latest development pertains to Problems 1 and 3 from my previous post, and Problems 2, 4 and 5 also need to be addressed – please explain and show me how to fix all of this. Thanks very much for your help!

Kenny Kiernan

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

1) Symbiostock is now not processing media in real-time – in other words, the way it worked previously is when a customer made a purchase, they received a download link immediately and then when they clicked, Symbiostock would then resize the media in real time for the customer. Now Symbiostock keeps the order in a processing status and performs the conversion in the background via your cron job. When that’s complete, it then emails the customer.

The main reason for this is server compatibility and a more professional service for your customers. If your server is slow, vectors can sometimes literally take 10 minutes to process. This means your customer would have to literally wait on the download page for ten minutes before the media is delivered. The way it works now is superior in every possible way.

2) Coupon code staying in the field is a browser or woocommerce issue that Symbiostock does not react with.

3) Same as #1.

4) This means your server is having resource issues processing vectors. This is one issue we discovered when we were building the infrastructure for Symbiostock Hosting – sometimes vectors use insanely large amounts of memory and CPU, even more than 4K videos because of how much mathematical processing is involved.

5) It is very unlikely this has anything to do with your issues.

kennykiernan
    Participant

Thanks for this reply Robin. I don’t completely follow your #1 answer unless it’s supposed to mean that I should switch to using the Symbiostock hosting service; is that what you’re implying, that this will get me back to immediate downloads and effectively solve problems 1, 3 and 4? I’m using Namecheap.com now.

I saw that yesterday you bumped up your older post about Chron jobs – I followed the instructions in that post to add the code to run every minute, and this morning got a reprimand from Namecheap; they only allow 15 minute interval Chron jobs, and switched my service back to that. So I guess this explains the 15 minute delay in getting my receipt email links?

So the solution appears to be moving to Symbio Hosting — can you confirm that this is correct? If so, I am happy to do so and will sign up for the $8.99 economy plan, free migration offer, and 10% discount plan from the “<span style=”line-height: 1.5;”>Symbiostock News & Upcoming Features</span><span style=”line-height: 1.5;”>” email I received Sept 9th. </span>

<span style=”line-height: 1.5;”>In another post, I replied to your affirmative about the PNGs asking HOW I generate the PNGs for the content I have already uploaded as JPGs and vectors. Are the PNGs generated by Symbio from the content I’ve already uploaded and can this be done during this migration process? Or do I have to generate the high and low-res PNGs myself, and FTP them? Please explain yes or no and how.</span>

Please confirm about all of the above. If we are a go to migrate to Symbio Hosting, please tell me what I have to do next and how long everything will take. Thanks so much for your help, Robin!

Kenny Kiernan

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

We originally were contemplating offering hosting through Namecheap for customers but after some testing discovered that their systems are not compatible with high demanding software such as Symbiostock.

I wasn’t telling you that you should move to Symbiostock Hosting – I was explaining how the download process works and that on some servers it can take a really long time to process vectors. It can sometimes take a long time no matter what server you are on – however it going on in the background is the key.

If you cannot run a cron job every minute, you will not be able to speed up the processing of orders, so yes, I would say the best option is to move to Symbiostock Hosting.

I’ve answered the PNG question in the PNG thread, and would be glad to help you migrate over once your hosting account is created. Just PM me your current Namecheap control panel information along with your new Symbiostock Hosting login credentials and we’ll get it underway.

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

In answer to your question – yes, with #s 1, 3, and 4, moving to the Symbiostock Hosting servers should fix this. However, depending on the number of media purchased by your customer, it may still take between one minute to ten minutes to receive the emails as it is all dependent on the timeline for processing your media. However on the Symbiostock Hosting systems, it should always get completed for sure.

kennykiernan
    Participant

Thanks Robin, PM sent!

Kenny Kiernan

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.