Tagged: 

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Till
    Till
    Participant

Hello everybody.

So far I have symbiostock up and running together with sybiostock express. I have a sandbox account at paypal. Orders made are processed by PayPal and the client is sent back to the “Thank You!” page correctly.

The client also gets a confirmation email that says that the purchase is now processed.

Under “woocemmerce > settings > products > downloadable” I have checked the option that the option “Grant access to downloadable products after payment” is checked  and “File Download Method” is set to “Redirect / Symbiostock managed”.

So far so good – BUT besides the confirmation mail no other email containing an actual download link is ever sent to the client. What am I missing?

Thank you! till

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

PayPal sandbox is not very reliable. It sends out IPN notifications very randomly. The only way to be sure is to have someone do a test live order for you, or if you have two accounts, pay yourself, then refund the transaction.

Profile photo of Till
    Till
    Participant

I see – thank you for your reply! So *great* that I have a sandbox now 🙂

But even with images at a price of 0,- the client does not receive a download link – I just have the feeling I’m missing a checkbox or something.

I guess for now I’ll just continue configuring everything and hope that once everything is working, a friend / test user will successfully purchase an image… We’ll see… 🙂 Cheers! t

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Basically, if they go through PayPal, PayPal needs to ping your site to tell it a payment has been received. In Sandbox, this is highly unreliable (I have tested it where sandbox mode did not work – I change it to production and it works immediately).

The second thing is if you don’t go through PayPal – like if it’s free or via direct debit. Then you have to manually tell WooCommerce the order is good to go. You go to your WooCommerce tab and click on the checkmark icon. It should send out the emails then.

Profile photo of Ryan
    Ryan
    Participant

I am having a similar issue although I am using Stripe and did a live test. No emails were sent out with the download link. I took the advice from above and went back and checked the checkmark to complete the order and still no emails were sent. Any idea on how to fix this?

Profile photo of Tom
    Tom
    Participant

Hello

I just purchased recommended theme from Symbiostock, and find out it is a mess

1. Follow instruction for installing generates many errors, try twice with same error

Like this

Warning: session_start(): open(/tmp/sess_3a30fa060891b82389d489ab9ab67aec, O_RDWR) failed: Permission denied (13) in /home/stockimagescolle/public_html/wp-content/plugins/symbiostock-pro/symbiostock-pro.php on line 481

Warning: session_start(): open(/tmp/sess_3a30fa060891b82389d489ab9ab67aec, O_RDWR) failed: Permission denied (13) in /home/stockimagescolle/public_html/wp-content/plugins/symbiostock-pro/symbiostock-pro.php on line 481

Sorry, you are not allowed to access this page.

Warning: Unknown: open(/tmp/sess_3a30fa060891b82389d489ab9ab67aec, O_RDWR) failed: Permission denied (13) in Unknown on line 0

Warning: Unknown: Failed to write session data (files). Please verify that the current setting of session.save_path is correct (/tmp) in Unknown on line 0

For an error on a purchase product I find it insulting that only paid support are available, but if I don’t tick for a paying service no support tickets are accepted, and think of a email to write about problem don’t exist on website

Coming to forum I am not able to make a new post, so I have make a purchase for a useless theme, this service really sucks

Tom

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Hi Tom – this is 100% a server issue and has nothing to do with either the theme or the plugin. Contact me privately if you would like assistance with it. Your current server setup is not allowing you to set sessions. You need to contact your web host.

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Send your web-host to this URL:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/6821532/php-warning-permission-denied-13-on-session-start

They need to fix their PHP configuration.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.