Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of scenicoregon
    scenicoregon
    Participant

Just launched my site (I posted a news item in the appropriate thread for that), need to network still, and need to know how. Any help welcome.

Scenicoregon.com

Rick

Profile photo of JoAnnSnover
    JoAnnSnover
    Participant

You should have a look at other Symbiostock sites to see who you would like to network with. You may want to pick sites with images similar to yours (what I did) or perhaps you want to pick those that you feel complement yours.

You can use the global search engine to look at sites and search by topics that interest you

http://www.symbiostock.info/

Once you find a site you like, you need to get their symbiocard to network your site with theirs. You can get that from the author page – from any image page on a site, use the “Info” dropdown under the author’s name. From the Author page you can cllick the button at the bottom to “Get xxx’s Symbiocard”. That will download a CSV file to your computer.

You then go to your site’s WP admin interface and the Symbiostock (bee) panel, Network tab. You can specify the file you just downloaded in the Linked Sites section and upload it. The person you link to will be sent e-mail.

When you do searches on your site, in addition to your network partners showing up under your search results, you may see other site’s content showing up if the keyword is one they promote (and you should add your promoted keywords in the Network tab). If for whatever reason you don’t want a particular site’s results showing up in searches from your site, you can exclude them by going to the Marketing panel and checking the box in the Exclude column for that site.

Profile photo of Andre
    Andre
    Participant

Sorry to correct jsnover but you don’t need to worry about symbicoards. Just use the URL of the site you’d like to network with, fill it into the network partners field, enter and save.

Profile photo of cascoly
    cascoly
    Blocked

I’ve added you to the global search at http://symbiostock-search.com
    You can find other sites by specialty at
    http://cascoly.com/symbio/list.asp?list=72 also other reports about all network sites

JoAnnSnover
    Participant

@redneck wrote:

Sorry to correct jsnover but you don’t need to worry about symbicoards. Just use the URL of the site you’d like to network with, fill it into the network partners field, enter and save.

No worries – it’s good that it’s easier! So why is the panel in the Symbiostock interface asking me for that card if I only need the URL? If that’s no longer needed, it should go.

Profile photo of cascoly
    cascoly
    Blocked

You can do it either way — the url is simpler

scenicoregon
    Participant

If I use the URL method, does the partner still receive an email? I’m thinking that it is to my benefit if they also add me, and are more likely to do so if they are notified that I’ve added them. Or does it link both ways once one person creates the partnership?

scenicoregon
    Participant

OK, so doesn’t go both ways. This is the first I’ve heard about “slots filled up”, how many partners can we have? Also, anyone out there know if I use the URL method, does the partner still get a notifying email?

Profile photo of cascoly
    cascoly
    Blocked

you can have to 10 network partners

not positive, but either method should result in an email being sent

scenicoregon
    Participant

OK, I have now found that when a partner adds you via the url method, you still receive the notification– you don’t have to use the Symbiocard method in order for that to happen. Good to know.

JoAnnSnover
    Participant

I didn’t get e-mail when I added you or you added me – I used the URL method for the first time this time. Previously I did get notifications (and I checked my spam folders just in case).

I used to (when I used symbiocards to add a site) get e-mail when I added someone that said:

Your network friend was notified that you added them, and recieved this message:

Jo Ann Snover has added you to their site network.
    If you have not yet added them to your site, here is their Symbiocard: http://www.digitalbristles.com/blog/symbiocard.csv

See their network info at the author page: http://www.digitalbristles.com/author/joannadmin/

About Network Emails…

And when someone added me I would get:

has added you to their site network.
    If you have not yet added them to your site, here is their Symbiocard: http://site-name/symbiocard.csv

See their network info at the author page: http://site-name.com/author/username/

About Network Emails…

Not sure how much it matters as there are ways to check on these things without the e-mail, but the e-mail was a nice alert to have.

scenicoregon
    Participant

Hmmmm, interesting. When Cascoly used the url method to add me, I got a notification. When you did, I didn’t (and you didn’t for me). I agree, the notifications are helpful. I wonder why it works sometimes and not others.

Profile photo of cascoly
    cascoly
    Blocked

I havent figured it out either — I’ve gotten 3 emails sometimes…

scenicoregon
    Participant

OK, I’m a bit confused, I think, about the networking, now. If I use the search window, I’m expecting to see results from my site, then results from each of the people I’ve added links for, and then the global search (added a link for that, too).

However, even though I’ve added Cascoly, I can’t seem to get any separated results to show from Cascoly (I tried the search terms Oregon and beach and heron, all separate searches), and I do sometimes get separated results from CrackerClips, who I have not yet added (but who may have added me– I sent a request but haven’t got a confirmation email yet).

So, those separated results you get from the search window– are they from sites you’ve added, or those who have added you?

Confused.

Profile photo of cascoly
    cascoly
    Blocked

weird … for ‘Oregon heron’ it says from ajt but shows my images

same for ‘Oregon beach’ or just ‘oregon’ – most of the first images are mine too, but not under my banner

what you first described is what should happen — first show results from sites you network too, then any promoted keywords, but maybe the search with sym…info is mixing things up

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.