Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of naturestockphotos
    naturestockphotos
    Participant

Hello,

I am just starting with Symbiostock and I need some help. I know how to create categories and add photos to categories, but I don’t know how to display them on my website. This is my website: http://naturestockphotos.net/

Under “Browse Categories” I want my categories to show instead of the demo ones, complete with my thumbnails. How do I do that?

I would also want to add “featured images”.

Profile photo of Andre
    Andre
    Participant

WooCommerce -> Settings -> Products -> Shop Page

That’s where you set what’s supposed to be displayed on your shop page. Choose “Image Categories” and that should solve the problem, if I understood it correctly.

naturestockphotos
    Participant

Thank you Andre, this is of use too as I can now display my categories in my shop page, not the products and this is great. But I also want to change the categories that appear on my front page. If you take a look now, under “Browse Categories” you will see the demo page categories: animals, editorial, food, illustrations and abstract, all with a photo of a forest on which it says “sample image”. These are the sample categories. I want to change this and have my categories show up there instead.

I also uploaded a screenshot to illustrate what I’m trying to change,  and add my categories instead:

Profile photo of Andre
    Andre
    Participant

Ah ok.
    That’s theme related. Looks like you’re using Symbiostock Express which I don’t. But I’m sure someone else can advise.

naturestockphotos
    Participant

Thanks for the suggestions, using the details given and a bit of searching by you guys I managed to find what I was looking, so thank you!

I’m going to write the exact steps in case someone else needs this:

Dashboard -> Symbiostock Express-> Home Custom Carousel Settings -> Click on the slide that you want to modify, upload or choose the photo that you want as the category image, and then in the “Slide Link” tab paste the gallery link.

Now I just want to know how to add photos in the “Featured Images”, and maybe a drop down menu with the categories.

naturestockphotos
    Participant

Thanks George, it worked. Now I managed to do everything that I wanted with the theme, except for a drop-down menu that displays the categories. Anyone knows how to do that?

naturestockphotos
    Participant

Yes, this is what I’m looking for. Also, how did you added the “licensing” page? I want to do that as well, did you write or modify the text, or is it the Symbiostock standard?

Another odd thing, I am trying to change prices under “Licenses” but the prices are not updating on my site. I left the licenses that were already there, I just changed the price. If someone has a quick easy fix I won’t open a new topic about it, that’s why I thought about posting it here also.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.