Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Daniel
    Daniel
    Participant

Is it possible to have more than one language for the wordpress admin? There are no other languages available in the dashboard settings is it possible to add more as I can’t seem to find a way to do it. Whilst my client is happy creating the front of the site in German, it would help him if the admin could be in German.

Also what is the best way to make the front of the website dual language? Is it possible to have wpml installed as I have a license for this, or is there another way to have German and English.

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

1) If you go to Settings > General, there should be a bunch of languages there to choose from. I just tried it and found plenty. This converts your admin interface to that language.

2) I will look into it. PLUS has pretty strict security measures so every new plugin needs to be analyzed thoroughly. We’ll let you know when that gets done.

Profile photo of Daniel
    Daniel
    Participant

Thanks for your reply.

When I go to settings>general I now have two languages, English and Dansk. This morning I only had English. Still no German 😉

Screenshot: https://www.dropbox.com/s/to6j28xqpoxbudq/screenshot.jpg?dl=0

I look forward to hearing more about number 2!

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Thanks for letting me know – looks like I needed to manually install each different language. German should be there now – let me know if it isn’t.

#2 may take some time, but we’ll definitely look into it. Thanks!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.