Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Steve
    Steve
    Participant

I updated Symbiostock to 1.3.4, ran the cron job, and there is still nothing in Symbiostock > Media 5 minutes later. 🙁

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Hi Steve,

Can you PM me your login information so I can take a look as to why that may be happening?

Also PM me your email address so I can get you to send me a sample image you are trying to upload.

Robin.

Profile photo of joel
    joel
    Participant

Thank you for your infos and “updated Symbiostock to 1.3.4”. I will change my hoster, i will take a more powerful!

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Steve: I am assuming your problem has solved itself and was related to your images being corrupted or the 1.3.4 fix rectified it.

Profile photo of Steve
    Steve
    Participant

Sorry for not replying to your email Robin. Yes, it is resolved.

Profile photo of Sergio Blanco
    Sergio Blanco
    Participant

Hi, I have the same problem too:

I’ve tried to upload images to symbiostock but I have 2 problems:

– When I upload a media I don’t see it in media section (symbiostock administrator interface), then I go to the bottom of settings and I press “run” link (Symbiostock Processor (cron job) (Run now)) but nothing works.

– When I upload a watermark, it doesn’t appear as thumbnail image in setting (I’m not sure if this has relation with the previous issue).

Any help? thanks for your reply,

Best

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Hi Sergio,

Regarding the second issue – that happens generally when wp_debug is set to true which spits out error messages. Regarding the first issue, send over your login info via PM and I’ll take a look.

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Hey Sergio,

You have a global catchall redirect going on on your main URL. This means any URL that is not in the wp-admin directory is being redirected to your root dir. The processor, as well as the watermark preview all require access to WordPress via the public URL. This is probably setup in your htaccess file. Once you disable the catchall redirect, it will work.

Sergio Blanco
    Participant

Thanks Robin,
    Do you say that I need to modify .htaccess? Actually I have this code:

# BEGIN WordPress
    <IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
    RewriteEngine On
    RewriteBase /
    RewriteRule ^index\.php$ – [L]
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
    RewriteRule . /index.php [L]
    </IfModule>

# END WordPress

Sorry, but I don’t understand how symbiostock works (with its redirects or directories). If I need to ask for help to my hosting service that’s what I will do.

Can you give me some hints?
    Thanks for all,

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Hey Sergio,

Sorry, your htaccess looks fine – it’s much simpler than that. Basically, when you go to your root domain (yourdomain.com) you have a placeholder page there; WordPress is not being loaded. You need WordPress to load on your main site URL in order for those two functions to work. The cron, for example, needs to be accessible via a public URL and Symbiostock relies on your main public URL to trigger.

You seem to have an ‘under construction’ placeholder there.

Sergio Blanco
    Participant

You was right!
    Now I can to upload images and I see the watermark, I just have one question, Is possible to see the uploaded images on the media dashboard without press (and after many refresh) the “Run” link?

Thanks for your help, I love this plugin but sometimes it takes a lot of time to administrate it

Best

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

The processor should be added to a ‘cron’ job on your server so it runs on its own. It is not realistic to sit there and keep clicking. It should basically run once a minute in the background so you don’t have to worry about it. Then you just add images at your leisure and everything gets taken care of in the background.

If you need help setting up the cron job let me know. Alternatively you can contact your web host who should be able to set it up for you.

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.