Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Hey Joel,

Are you running the processor from the settings page (or added it to a cron job) so it adds the images to the media section? When you upload via FTP, they are then waiting to be processed. They will not show up in your media area until the processor processes them.

Regarding metadata – if you don’t have shell_exec enabled, you will only be able to read metadata, not write. There is no way around this. You can ask your host to enable shell_exec and it will then work.

Let me know if you have other questions.

Profile photo of joel
    joel
    Participant

Thank you for your quick response !

Yes I run the processor (cron job) on the settings page, after upload with FTP, I’m waiting and the images don’t show in the media section of Symbiostock.

When i running cron job, there is this message :

Blog: 1
    Memory at Start: 49M
    0 new/updated images parsed
    0 thumbnails regenerated
    Memory at End: 49M
    Memory Peak: 50M
    Or there is this message :
    Blog: 1
    Memory at Start: 49M
    1 new/updated images parsed
    0 thumbnails regenerated
    Memory at End: 50M
    Memory Peak: 50M
    It’s the same thing if I program a cron jog directly on the panel of my server.
    Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Can you PM me your login info? I’ll take a look. According to what you’ve sent me it should be parsing everything one by one.

Profile photo of joel
    joel
    Participant

I solved the problem !
    At first : I upload my photos with my watermark and the pictures appear
    in Symbiostock media.
    Second : I change my watermark, new uploads, the images don’ t show.
    Three : I delete all images, I install a new watermark, I upload pictures
    and the pictures appear. Its’ ok!

Thank you for your good work (plugin Symbiostock and Symbiostock Express theme)!

Profile photo of joel
    joel
    Participant

Again the pictures don’t show !

I make how to give you my login info, what’s your mail?

my mail : airplane800[AT]orange.fr

http://joepop.phpnet.org/

Profile photo of joel
    joel
    Participant

About metadata my hosting service asked me to ask you the question:

how do you to activate shell_exec command ?

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

I’ve emailed you Joel – send me your login info and I’ll look into it.

As for the shell_exec –

http://www.cyberciti.biz/faq/linux-unix-apache-lighttpd-phpini-disable-functions/

It must be disabled in your php.ini which likely is set by your web-host.

I’ll get to the bottom of your images showing up once I get your login info.

Profile photo of Maria
    Maria
    Participant

I’m having a similar type issue, but with an added quirk…   When I added my first media, it worked fine and parsed fine. Then I added several photos (one at a time through the uploader: upload, publish, add new, upload, publish, etc.), and then went to run the cron again. It kicked back an error message:

“Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 67108864 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 3456 bytes) in /home/content/39/10892239/html/Cannpix/wp-content/plugins/symbiostock/tools-imagemanipulation.php on line 224”.

So then I thought maybe I was only allowed to run the cron once ever so I added one new photo last night and waited until this morning to see if the system scheduled the parse on its own. This morning the new media was listed, but the image wasn’t showing up in the media list. Any image I tried was 3mb or less.

Wordpress 4.3

theme: Intra

plugin Woocommerce 2.3.13

plugin Symbiostock 1.3.1

Profile photo of Sergiy
    Sergiy
    Participant

I have the same problem on my host.

Configuration: WP: 4.3; WC: 2.1.13, SS: 1.3.2.

Environment variables:
    * Imagick PHP     Enabled
    * Maximum Execution Time     600
    * Memory Limit     256M
    * Exec Commands     Enabled

The “//public_html/ss_media/new” directory is empty.
    Sometimes, after running the cronjob task, I’m getting the error message:
    Fatal error: Call to undefined function finfo_open() in //public_html/wp-content/plugins/symbiostock/tools-ftp.php on line 114

Profile photo of Sergiy
    Sergiy
    Participant

<dl><dt id=”constant.fileinfo-mime-type”></dt><dt>1. I have a lot of error messages in the Log file:</dt><dt></dt><dt>[22-Aug-2015 02:57:54 UTC] PHP Fatal error:  Call to undefined function finfo_open() in //public_html/wp-content/plugins/symbiostock/tools-cron.php on line 11
    [22-Aug-2015 03:06:43 UTC] PHP Fatal error:  Call to undefined function finfo_open() in //public_html/wp-content/plugins/symbiostock/tools-cron.php on line 11
    [22-Aug-2015 03:25:17 UTC] PHP Fatal error:  Call to undefined function finfo_open() in //public_html/wp-content/plugins/symbiostock/tools-cron.php on line 11
    [22-Aug-2015 03:25:58 UTC] PHP Fatal error:  Call to undefined function finfo_open() in //public_html/wp-content/plugins/symbiostock/tools-cron.php on line 11
    [22-Aug-2015 03:26:30 UTC] PHP Fatal error:  Call to undefined function finfo_open() in //public_html/wp-content/plugins/symbiostock/tools-cron.php on line 11
    [22-Aug-2015 03:26:41 UTC] PHP Fatal error:  Call to undefined function finfo_open() in //public_html/wp-content/plugins/symbiostock/tools-cron.php on line 11
    [22-Aug-2015 03:28:27 UTC] PHP Fatal error:  Call to undefined function finfo_open() in //public_html/wp-content/plugins/symbiostock/tools-cron.php on line 11
    . . .</dt></dl>2. The tools-cron.php (and 2 other PHP modules) calls the function:

// Return watermark. . .
            $finfo = finfo_open(FILEINFO_MIME_TYPE);    — line #11

but finfo_open() and FILEINFO_MIME_TYPE (<span class=”type”>integer</span>) are a<span class=”simpara”>vailable since PHP 5.3.0 only.
    </span>

Could PHP version be a problem?

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Joel: I tested your install and successfully uploaded two different files. I also tested resetting your watermark and everything parsed fine. One was 7.5 megabytes one was 150k. However, I see that your memory limit is less than 200mb and you are using GD, not Imagick. GD uses about 10x the memory that Imagick does (that’s something we cannot control or avoid) and so I can only assume that you are sometimes hitting that memory limit when you try to parse images which prevents the script from finishing. The safest thing to do to see if your server will, overall, be able to support your needs is to go to your settings page and change your ‘max processor load’ to 1 to minimize the number of images that get parsed in one go. Another option is to try to increase your memory limit – this can be done by asking your web-host.

Maria: Your issue is simply the memory limit. Your web host needs to increase your memory limit for you, or if you are on a dedicated host, you can do this yourself. You can also use the advice above to reduce your max processor load so that it only parses one image at a time in the hope that this remains under your limit.

Here is some documentation on increasing your memory limit:

http://www.symbiostock.org/docs/increasing-the-memory-limit/

Sergiy: Your issue is relating to the fileinfo extension which is generally included in most PHP installs. Some people do not have it installed. In Symbiostock 2.0 this requirement has a backup method so the error will be fixed. You can contact your host to see if they can add it to your install, or alternatively PM me your login details and I will manually add the fix to your install so you can use it until 2.0 is released.

Thanks for all your questions guys. All these issues relate to the specific server your site is being hosted on, so we can try to work within those restraints so you can use Symbiostock.

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Sergiy: As per your email request, I’ve added the finfo compatibility update and released it as 1.3.3 so you won’t have to wait for 2.0 to be released. Just update your Symbiostock install and it should work.

Profile photo of Steve
    Steve
    Participant

I have the same problem too.

New install of Symbiostock.

1. Uploaded a photo through Add Media (in the browser).
    2. Ran cron job (1 photo processed).
    3. Symbiostock > Media: “no media found” (10 minutes later)
    • WP 4.3
    • Symbiostock: 1.3.3
    • WooCommerce: 2.3.13
    • Imagick PHP: Enabled
    • Maximum Execution Time: 600
    • Memory Limit: 256M
    • Exec Commands: Enabled
    Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Just looked into it and this is a minor bug that was fixed in 2.0. I have ported it to 1.3.4 in the interim and released it so you don’t have to wait for 2.0 to be released.

It relates to uploading images that have tags and/or descriptions in the metadata, but not titles. Symbiostock was not correctly adding these images to the database if it did not have a title, but did have other metadata fields filled in.

Update your install and let me know if this fixes your issue.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.