Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Liga
    Liga
    Participant

Hi,

I noticed that on one of Symbiostock client’s uses magnifying feature on his product pages to show quality of image.

Link https://henri.photo/stock-images/cow-on-the-field/

When you hover over image separate window appears to show original resolution of image. I would like to know how I can get it on my Symbiostock site. I did look at dashboard but could not find anything related to it. Is this feature available in theme or does it have to be added with pluggin or change coding.

Thanks

Liga

Liga (NM photography)

Profile photo of steveh
    steveh
    Participant

Hi Liga

I wanted one of those as well, so I looked at the source of Henri’s page. He is using a plugin called wp-image-zoooom. There is a free version that I have implemented on my site – it was very easy – add the plugin, activate it, and the default settings worked straight away.

http://www.backyardstockphotos.com/image/beautiful-early-morning-jefferson-memorial/

There is a pro version with more features – not sure if Henri is using any of those. However his magnification is greater than mine – I’m not sure how to control that!

But for the basic zoom, this seems to work fine.

Steve

Profile photo of Liga
    Liga
    Participant

Thanks Steve for your response, I did have a look at other similar plugins and they all have same/similar setting for magnifying like wp-image-zoooom, pro version seams quite expensive for now.

Liga (NM photography)

Profile photo of Henri
    Henri
    Participant

Hi,

Like Steve already said the plugin that my site uses is WP Image Zoooom. I’m using just the free version that works with WooCommerce and Symbiostock straight away.

However his magnification is greater than mine – I’m not sure how to control that!

There are many settings on the Image Zoom page (4 zooming types, Animation Easing Effect, Fade Effect etc.) and WooCommerce > Settings > Products > Display page has setting called “Single Product Image” that controls the image size on the separate zoom window. If you change it bigger, you will see more details.

Henri

Profile photo of steveh
    steveh
    Participant

Thanks Henri

I noticed that this plugin has a strange effect on vertical format images – it just shows a same size image of the top of the photo rather than a movable zoom image. Strange!

http://www.backyardstockphotos.com/image/washington-monument-reflecting-from-lincoln-2/

Steve

Profile photo of Imago Borealis
    Imago Borealis
    Participant

I am undecided on the actual merits of this zoom feature. As long as it is showing just a part of a magnified or large thumbnail (meaning a downsized version of the actual image) it is misleading buyers IMHO. Thus, I look at this more as a gimmick than as a useful tool. However, if it would be possible to show details of the actual picture 1:1, now that would be GREAT!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.