Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Sharon
    Sharon
    Participant

My hosting company installed the Imagick PHP, but now Symbiostock has disappeared from my WP dashboard, and I have this message at the top of the page: “Symbiostock requires the Imagick PHP extension to run. Please install or enable Imagick.” Where do I install/enable Imagick?

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Hi Sharon,

If Imagick is installed on your machine, it must then be added to your php.ini to ensure it is enabled. You do so by adding the:

extension=imagick.so

Line to your php.ini file then restart apache. You must ensure it is installed, however, as if you run this without it being installed apache will fail and you will have to remove the line then restart it again.

If you want assistance with this, let me know. Also remember that Imagick can be installed as a command line on your server without the PHP functions enabled – if your host did this then it won’t work. But if they did in fact install the PHP Imagick libraries, you should be good to go once it is enabled.

Profile photo of dianajo
    dianajo
    Participant

I’m having the same error and have discussed with host. It is installed and activated and has always been.

http://dianajophoto.com/phpinfo.php

Profile photo of Christian
    Christian
    Participant

Do still get: Fatal error –  Call to undefined method ImagickDra

but it shows in phpini that it’s installed: http://dd14230.kasserver.com/infophp.php

so the cronjob is not executing

what’s to do, please?

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Hi Christian,

Yes, I see that it is installed. Can you private message me access to your WordPress admin so I can run some tests to see why it isn’t working?

Thanks.

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Hi Christian,

So I’ve fixed the issue and will release the update shortly. What has happened is although you have a new version of image magick installed on your Linux system, your PHP Imagick version is quite old (3.0.1 was released in 2010). What this means is that some functions within PHP that Symbiostock uses do not exist in your version of PHP Imagick.

Luckily, these functions are not necessary for most modules to work fine. You “may” encounter some issues with vectors but I have implemented some safeguards to minimize this possibility.

Thanks for letting me figure it out and improve Symbiostock as a result.

Profile photo of admin5
    admin5
    Participant

Hi,
    I want assistance with this, install imagick.
    What is the first step?
    My site is running and ok on line; but imagick not installed.

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Hi there – installing imagick is not a small thing and requires advanced linux knowledge. This is a system admin related query and is outside the scope of Symbiostock support. If you need assistance you are able to create a thread and discuss your steps and perhaps someone can assist in helping you but the Symbiostock support team can’t directly involve itself in server setups. Thanks.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.