Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Aitor
    Aitor
    Participant

Hello! I’m just starting and I have a few photos uploaded to my site so I want to show photos from other sites. For example, if anyone search “dog” as I don’t have any photo, I get this message:

No products were found matching your selection.

How can I add sites to the search engine? It isn’t automatically?

Thank you!

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Hi Aitor,

This is a planned inclusion that has not yet been added to the system. Thanks for bringing it up, however, as I will look into seeing how easily this may be implemented across sites (with the option of exclusion).

Profile photo of Aitor
    Aitor
    Participant

I’m confussed, so symbiostock doesn’t is for show my photos in other blogs and other photos in my blog? How can I do that?

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

This used to be a built in feature of the previous version of Symbiostock. However, as the new version is running on a completely new engine, we are approaching this carefully so that the joined search results are more well implemented.

Lots of contributors had complaints because there was no quality control, and relevancy was less accurate. For example, if one Symbiostock user has adult images, there was no way of preventing nudity from showing up on other user’s sites, for example, if someone failed to tag their images properly.

To avoid releasing a joint system that becomes unusable quickly, we are planning a more aggressive and long term solution. This is going to be called ‘Symzio’ and will include everyone’s images in a central search engine. We may also implement widgets that you can put on your site that will help promote other people’s relevant images on each other’s sites.

This isn’t live yet, so you cannot do it. So right now, Symbiostock is primarily a way to sell your images independently, and network through the Artist Network until Symzio is launched.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.