Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Terry Hale
    Terry Hale
    Participant

Hi all!

My client will be offering single licenses for downloading of raw (Sony .arw) files.  I am not processing the .arw files with Imagick because they are coming out very dark.  Instead, the client processing them into .jpg with PhotoShop (Essentials) and they look really good.

So, I’m uploading the .jpg version of the files for size, display and watermark processing.  However (and obviously) the download link for the purchase will be the .jpg version.

I switched the interface to normal (turned OFF simply administrative interface) and now I can see where I can assign the downloadable file URL.

I assume each one of the products (about 300 right now) will need to have the download URL assigned manually?  I assume a spreadsheet could be created for use with one of the WooCommerce import plugins available?

Alternatively, I assume I could modify some Symbiostock code to where the downloadable file actually points to the location of the .arw version of the file (which will be the same name except for the extension).  If this is true, where might I find the part of the code that assigns the download location?

Thanks very much!
    Terry

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Hey Terry,

Looking into creating an addon for this sort of functionality. Will keep you posted.

Terry Hale
    Participant

Thank you, Robin.  Looking forward to it.

Terry Hale
    Participant

Robin, does the recent post regarding the alternate jpeg for vectors have anything to do with this? 🙂

Terry

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Hey Terry,

No, that is just for vectors. The addon for your needs is likely to be released soon, but is definitely underway.

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Note that this functionality can now be provided through the Symbiostock Anytype addon.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.