Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Geraint
    Geraint
    Participant

The way my client currently wishes the site to be set up requires only three licences and all to be available free of charge but with the protection of the image being licenced.  In due course one, possibly two, of the licences will be chargeable.  Currently in the product selection when all the licences are free the column under price remains blank.  If I change one of the licences to say $1.00 the column then shows $1.00, Free!, Free!  Consequently it looks as if there is a variable not setting when all the licences have no charge as I believe the column under price should be filled out for ease of the end used.  This may be something that needs to wait until the next update as when you go to the view the cart prices are shown correctly even if all free of charge.

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

I’ll look into it Geraint – thanks for bringing it up. It is very possible there is some small syntax fix that will rectify it as it was not developed with free images in mind. I’ll report back once I take a look.

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Issue has been fixed now. It is actually a bug in WooCommerce that we are dealing with in the theme. Thanks for bringing it up!

Profile photo of Geraint
    Geraint
    Participant

Thanks you very much for such a speedy response.

Profile photo of jcksndrs
    jcksndrs
    Participant

I am also trying to set this up, is is possible to have a free licence that doesn’t require the cart and goes straight to download? Or as an alternative is it possible to output the product raw file url and create a download button if the free tier is selected

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Hey jcksndrs,

Unfortunately, Symbiostock is built on WooCommerce which is mainly meant to be a commercial way to distribute media. The ability to provide free downloads exists, but they would still have to go through a checkout process. It is possible there is a plugin for WooCommerce that enables the functionality you are mentioning, however.

Further, all the images you upload through Symbiostock are in secured locations so that they cannot be accessed directly by the public. Again, these are all geared towards a commercial product that could also provide free downloads, but is not built specifically for that purpose.

I found this thread where someone is looking for what you are speaking of:

https://wordpress.org/support/topic/woocommerce-allow-free-download-without-checkout

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.