Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Jack
    Jack
    Participant

I’m looking for a way to have two categories (with each having subcategories), one for downloads/editorial images, and one for ordering prints. That means I would have to be able to assign prices/licenses to (a group of) different categories.

Is there a way of doing that with SymbioStock?

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Yes – just use keywords within the images to filter them. The licenses system now allows for keyword filtering. You can also use editorial filtering as well. So, in order to apply it, just ensure that your file has the corresponding tag associated to it and that the license is filtered unto it accordingly.

You can basically explore the way the filters work on the licenses edit page – you can filter by file dimensions, exclusivity, editorial status, and the powerful keyword filter is also something you can use.

It will not directly interface with categories, however.

Profile photo of Jack
    Jack
    Participant

Hi Robin. Thanks for explaining. When I have a ‘Licence’ I want to use for ordering prints, will they still get the download link after the purchase? Can I disable the download for a specific licence?

Profile photo of Jack
    Jack
    Participant

I just encoutered a post/reply where it says that this is not posssible, and that Symbiostock itself will only work with downloads. I wonder if this is true because the only thing needed to add a option for ordering (canvas)prints is to upload a bunch of images in smaller resolution with or without watermarks and have the download disabled. But I’m not a programmer 😉

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

We’ve actually already added a feature that allows for physical licenses that will not add a download link – it was created during a support request for one of our users. It will be released with the next version of Symbiostock. When this will be released, I cannot say. If you need it quickly, you can submit a support request for us to manually add it to your server – alternatively you can do exactly what you described and create companion physical products.

Profile photo of Jack
    Jack
    Participant

Great :). The alternative way is not so alternative, because that would mean adding one image (= product) at a time. If I understand you correctly, with the next version I can upload a lot of (smaller) images at once, just like I do now, but adding a different licence will disable the download link. Then I will wait patiently ;).

What would ne nice then is to be able to add variations within one ‘licence’, like 40x50cm, 70×100 cm. If not, adding a lot of different licences will do.

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

The way it works is you can click a checkbox and a license will then become ‘physical’. No more digital download – it will be managed by WooCommerce, just as normal physical products do. However, we may add additional features to go along with this to make it more functional.

Profile photo of luke
    luke
    Participant

Would it be possible for you to add a feature in the future that allows us to assign different licenses depending on the category the image is in.

So as soon as we upload the image and apply the category, the license for that category is auto applied?

I need this as I also do event work and would be offering deals for those at the event so would need a different pricing structure.

Thanks

Luke

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.