Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Tom S
    Tom S
    Participant

I’ve begun propagating my website with images and have a problem with the categories filter that automatically appears on the shop page above my images. This is a hard coded feature with the Symbiostock shop page, not a menu or filter I’ve created. I am using Symbiostock (not Express).  The filter doesn’t always show all images in that category when on pages other than the page the image is on. It is page specific and not global. I haven’t found any settings for this or a way to hide the hard coded categories. I’ve found a workaround using a Woocommerce widget but can’t even hide the inoperable hard coded category filters. Any assistance greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Profile photo of Andre
    Andre
    Participant

I don’t think I’ve understood the problem. Maybe it would be best if you could point us to a web page.
    However Symbiostock itself doesn’t have/provide a shop (page). The shop/cart comes from WooCommerce alone so you might want to check the settings at ‘WooCommerce -> Settings -> Products -> Display -> Shop & Product Pages’.

Profile photo of Tom S
    Tom S
    Participant

Thanks. When I change woocommerce to categories and sub categories I see thumbnails now (although I’ll have to add a thumbnail image) with a count rather than just individual products listed. That method seems to work properly. However I still have Category active titles above those thumbnails that are the problem. Those appear only when I’ve labeled an image with a category in the Symbiostock Media editing area. Just not seeing any settings yet that might relate to that. My site is not live yet, still lots to be done.

Profile photo of Tom S
    Tom S
    Participant

Redneck, Let me amend my prior post. Those titles above the thumbnails now seem to be dormant rather than active and are now just a listing. The thumbnails have taken over the selecting by category.  A bit redundant and I can live with that. The original way would have been problematic.

Profile photo of Tom S
    Tom S
    Participant

2.5.0 but I see there’s a 2.5.1 and just updated

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.