Tagged: , , , ,

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 36 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Niels Kliim
    Niels Kliim
    Participant

Maybe you already have solved the Symzio Widget problem in the Symbiostock Express Theme, but if not here is a solution.

You generate the code for the Symzio Widget HERE on the Symzio site. Then you copy the script from “bullet 7” and the code from “bullet 8” in to the “Sitewide Footer Shortcode” in the “Footer” part of the “Symbiostock Express” setup menu.

This is my code, where I added a heading. You can see the result on my site HERE, and if you like it feel free to copy the code, just remember to change the affiliate code, which is this one: data-ack=”16364UF022″ Otherwise I get the credit

As the code will get stripped from this program, I have attached it in an image

Thanks Niels, that works! Very helpful information.

Anyway to exclude my own product in the footer?

Plus, if the global footer can be disabled for certain pages that would be great.

For example, the License Agreement page with Related product display below, that does not sounds good.

Profile photo of Andre
    Andre
    Participant

Plus, if the global footer can be disabled for certain pages that would be great.

For example, the License Agreement page with Related product display below, that does not sounds good.

You might want to look into a plugin called “Display Widgets” which will give you lots of filtering options to show or hide widgets on certain types of posts and pages. https://wordpress.org/plugins/display-widgets/

Niels Kliim
    Participant

Songquan you are right about not being able to turn of the Symzio references on certain pages. But I think the idea of marketing each other’s images, is next to crucial, if we want to attract many costumers on regular basis, why I don’t mind giving you guys some free advertising on my licensing page, until a better solution is found  😉

Plus, if the global footer can be disabled for certain pages that would be great. For example, the License Agreement page with Related product display below, that does not sounds good.

You might want to look into a plugin called “Display Widgets” which will give you lots of filtering options to show or hide widgets on certain types of posts and pages. https://wordpress.org/plugins/display-widgets/

Thanks Andre.

The way we are trying here is not the standard widget implementation. We are putting code in the global footer to by pass the regular footer layout because in Symbiostock Express theme, there is no way you can customize the footer area into 1 column (the minimum is 2). As a result, the Symzio thumbnails display layout is messed up.

If we directly use widget, the plugin you mentioned works.

Help from the creator of Symbiostock Theme is needed I guess.

Profile photo of Andre
    Andre
    Participant

Can’t you just modify the page template?

In admin page I didn’t see how I can do that. I ever dig into php files but that appears beyond my capability.

If you know how, I would appreciate if you could share with us. Since a lot of people use Express theme, if the widget is easy to set up, we will gain a huge amount of interlinks which will have a big SEO effect on both the network and our independent sites. I would say this is a very important issue to be solved.

Profile photo of Andre
    Andre
    Participant

WP -> Appearance -> Editor -> choose your parent theme and find the footer template file.

I don’t use the Symbiostock Express theme so I can’t go into any more details.

Thanks Andre, I saw that although have no idea how to modify the code to customize the footer into 1 column. It just beyond my capability.

Profile photo of Andre
    Andre
    Participant

Thanks Andre, I saw that although have no idea how to modify the code to customize the footer into 1 column. It just beyond my capability.

If you want me to look at it, send me a private message with your website and login credentials. I just won’t get to it before tomorrow though.

Profile photo of steveh
    steveh
    Participant

If you do resolve it – please post the details. I haven’t done this yet.

Steve

If you want me to look at it, send me a private message with your website and login credentials. I just won’t get to it before tomorrow though.

Thanks Andre, login info sent.

Niels Kliim
    Participant

As I started to move some of my old blog posts today, I found out that Songquan was right about the problem with not being able to control on which pages the Symzio Widget is shown on. It seems odd to advertise for other peoples images on your own private blog posts. Therefore I made a quick and dirty solution, to put the Widget in the Footer Column 1, which I made expand to the full page width.

1. Go to Admin -> Appearance -> Editor

2. Find “Footer.php (templates/footer.php)” almost at the bottom of the page – not to be confused with the “footer.php” almost at the top.

3. Scroll down in the code until you get to the point shown in the image. Remove the text class=”col-md-6 col-sm-6 footercol2″ from the text in the red square. On the image the text is removed. In the dashed square is an identically text – leave that as is.

4. Go to “Admin -> Symbiostock Express -> Footer” and choose the 2 column layout

5. Now you can put the Symzio Widget in the “Footer Column 1” in the Widget section, and from here decide what pages to show the widget on.

Great job Niels! That works perfectly on my site! http://bestcityscape.com/?product=central-park-autumn-119

In case anyone wish to put text above the widget, you can add a separate text widget as the title in Footer Column 1 section above Symzio Widget.

Andre also suggest similar fix. However I didn’t try before you post your solution as I planed to create a child theme and the bluehost ftp is down.

For those tech blind like me, more educational material from Andre regarding the bootstrap containers explanations. http://getbootstrap.com/css/#grid-options

Thank you Niels and Andre for your time and effort to resolve this issue.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 36 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.