Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Here are the guidelines regarding beta testers:

• All beta testers will receive complimentary Symbiostock PLUS accounts for one month once the beta is over.
    • Your beta sites will be upgraded to the base PLUS account after the beta is over
    • I will be contacting you personally to provide you the username and password for your beta accounts. You will then let me know what subdomain you’d like (yourdomain.symbiostock.com) for your PLUS account.
    • Post your results in this forum. Post links to your Symbiostock site, share your thoughts and observations.
    • Prior to posting questions about using Symbiostock, refer to our documentation which is now live.

Some notes about after the beta is over:

• The Symbiostock Hosting service is now known as Symbiostock PLUS
    • You will be able to have a subdomain through Symbiostock (yourdomain.symbiostock.com) or point your own domain to your site (www.yourdomain.com).
    • PLUS will come with every theme installed along with all the plugins you will need to run a successful media store
    • PLUS will be launched first and the standalone will be released shortly thereafter.

If you signed up for the beta but I have not contacted you, let me know!

Profile photo of wombat
    wombat
    Participant

i haven’t received a invitation yet, can you send one?

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Hi Wombat – sure thing. I’ve PMed you. Just let me know your username and domain and I’ll create a beta account for you.

Thanks!

Profile photo of shotupdave
    shotupdave
    Participant

Okay, first two problems, in the product type is says raster, is there a way to change in to jpg and the order of the sizes seem to be all over the place and where do we edit the prices.

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Hey Dave –

1) So a ‘raster’ is a JPEG, so you don’t have to change that. All media (currently) is organized into raster or vector. This is automatically populated when your media is processed.

2) To order your licenses, refer to this doc: http://www.symbiostock.org/docs/2015/05/01/ordering-your-licenses/

3) In regards to pricing, refer to this doc: http://www.symbiostock.org/docs/category/2-media-licensing/

Ordering is done on your main ‘Licenses’ tab – pricing is also changed within that licenses tab. However, pricing changes there only affect future media. We have left it this way so you can change pricing on an image by image basis if you want. However, if you want license pricing to be globally applied, click the update prices checkbox – then your price change will apply throughout the store.

You can also change image pricing on an individual basis by editing the product and clicking on the ‘Licenses’ tab within that product’s edit page (under the General tab). Choose the license you want to change the price of, and it will only affect that product.

But remember – if you change individual product prices then later change the global licence price, and click the ‘update prices’ checkbox, it will override your individual product changes.

All of this is explained in the documentation. It seems a bit complex due to the fact that we are giving you a lot of freedom with your pricing, but once you get the hang of it it’s pretty simple.

shotupdave
    Participant

put up a bunch of sample photos, tried doing a purchase but did not receive an email on how to download the the file.

Also on the front page with the plus account, on the top level you want to change the 5G to 500G I think

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Hey Dave –

1) Once you have your site ready, post it here – I’d like to see it.

2) Did you go through a complete PayPal purchase? I will look into it and see if WooCommerce isn’t sending out the purchase links.

3) Thanks for pointing out the typo – fixed now.

Robin.

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Hey Dave – I just did a full purchase for an image on a test site and received the download email and successfully downloaded the image. I paid through PayPal and everything went through. It is possible that if you did not go through with a full PayPal payment, and just chose a bank transfer or check option, you need to “Complete” the order from within the admin panel for the download email to be sent out.

If you do it using PayPal, this is automatically done.

shotupdave
    Participant

thanks, wen i get home I will try again. as far as putting up the site, i am going to use my own server so this is just a test to see how i like your plugin and to find any bugs/undocumented features

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Regarding the email thing – I just checked our relay server and it looks like there may be an issue with AOL – I’ll look into it.

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Good work Dave – you didn’t spot a bug in Symbiostock, per-say, but a bug in WordPress!

The way emails work nowadays is due to spam becoming an increasing problem, hosts such as AOL, Gmail etc have begun really making their spam folders and filters a lot more restrictive. Accordingly, what happened with your email is because your store email is blah@blah.com and the server sending out your email is symbiostock.com, these filters recognize that the email they are receiving does not seem to match the server it is coming from. Accordingly, they can think the email is being spoofed, and mark it as spam.

I’m fixing the issue right now, but just letting you know what the problem was.

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

The issue is now resolved.

shotupdave
    Participant

thanks for looking into the aol problem one other question, are these sites live for the public to see or still just pseudo sites? And with this isue follow us on out own servers or would it be better to have a email address that uses the same .com as our web page?

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

These sites are live but unless you publicize your domain no one can see it.

This issue will follow you onto your own servers and will happen with any email address that does not match the domain it is being sent from. Basically, best practice is to always have the ‘from’ email address domain (yourname@domain.com) match the IP that domain.com resolves to. So if you send an email from mydomain.com and the ‘from’ says steve@gmail.com, it will likely be caught by spam filters.

This isn’t a Symbiostock or WordPress issue – it’s basically an issue that will happen with anyone who is trying to send mail that says it is from an email address that does not match the server the mail was sent from. I’ve fixed the issue on the PLUS server, but on your standalone box you should probably create an email address that matches your domain for all your sales notifications.

shotupdave
    Participant

ok so far i can’t see any other bugs, i am going to ftp up about 200 files at once and see how it can handle it

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Beta Testing is now Underway’ is closed to new replies.