Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Geraint
    Geraint
    Participant

With Symbiostock Plus is there a way to add registered users for the site only or do they have to be part of the network?  I was looking to have three of four of my company registered to administer the site rather than one login?

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster
    Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

I just tested it and it looks like they need to have created an account in the PLUS system to be added. They can do this and even if their hosting account passes its trial, their user account should still be enabled. So if you want to add users, just have them register as normal through the Symbiostock PLUS system then add them to your user area through their email address.

It appears WordPress wants each user to have a fully registered account in order to be added to individual sites.

Profile photo of Geraint
    Geraint
    Participant

With such an approach then they have to also register for a Symbiostock domain name when all I am looking for is to have more registered users on the existing domain name so that there can be more than one login to do the administration.  Or am I missing something?  Can you become a Symbiostock registered user without having to register a Symbiostock domain name.

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

For now, everything runs through that same registration page. But it does not matter what domain name they put – as it is a trial account that will expire on its own, it can be used just for user registration. It’s not ideal, but as we’ve connected the user registration with the site creation, it would be a lot of work to separate those two.

Profile photo of Geraint
    Geraint
    Participant

Thank you. Having added user using described method and all working.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.