Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of amazeindesign
    amazeindesign
    Participant

Is it possible to make the search bar more visible? I mean maybe we can put it in the center of revolution slider like what I saw in microstock agencies website like shutterstock. Is there any possibility to have this option for a Plus user in the future?

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

We’re definitely looking into something like this, or a new theme that will provide that functionality. However, there is no ETA yet as we are focusing on getting Symzio launched first.

Profile photo of Andre
    Andre
    Participant

Sure you can. Revolution Slider will accept code. See my website for an example.

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Is that all done via javascript and css?

Profile photo of Andre
    Andre
    Participant

I’ve used a simple html search form for Woocommerce products (<input type=”hidden” name=”post_type” value=”product” />). Added a little bit of inline styling to it.

Just add a global layer to make it visible at every slide and add the html code in a text field.

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Wow, that’s such a fantastic solution. Good work!

Profile photo of amazeindesign
    amazeindesign
    Participant

Thanks for that Robin. Redneck nice website, this is where I got the idea of asking it because I saw it in your website http://picturebreeze.com/. i will try to do it anyway. Thank you

Profile photo of Valentin Tabirca
    Valentin Tabirca
    Participant

Hi guys,

I really like your sites, amezindesign and Andre, and the moment I saw them I wanted a search bar like yours. I found this code (I don’t know programming) and put it on the revolution slider:

<form action=”<?php echo esc_url( home_url( ‘/’ ) ); ?>” method=”get”>

<input name=”s” type=”text” value=”Search by keywords…”  onblur=”this.value = this.value || this.defaultValue;” onfocus=”this.value = ”;” />

<input type=”submit” value=”Search” />

<input type=”hidden” name=”post_type” value=”product” />

The problem is, that by some reason, the search doesn’t see keywords. Any idea how to change that?

Thank you.

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Keyword searching is not a part of WordPress – Symbiostock adds this functionality but takes about 24 hours to spider new products and add them to the search engine. So it will search the keywords/tags eventually.

Valentin Tabirca
    Participant

Ok, I will wait and try again.

Thank you.

Valentin Tabirca
    Participant

Hi,

Ok, the search sees the keywords now, but if I search for more than one kw I get no results.

I tried on other sites and it works.

Profile photo of Andre
    Andre
    Participant

Hi,

Ok, the search sees the keywords now, but if I search for more than one kw I get no results.

I tried on other sites and it works.

I’m using the “Relevanssi” plugin for fine tuning search results. Maybe you want to look into it.

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Hi Valentin,

You are correct – multiple words seems to be resulting in no results unless both are in the title or description. I will look into this.

Valentin Tabirca
    Participant

Hi, Andre. It was your site that I tested and worked. Thanks for the tip, I will wait – maybe Robin will solve that problem.

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Hey Valentin,

Don’t wait for us – as our search fix is based on WooCommerce, if you are able to use a third party plugin in the interim just go for it.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.